Buying Advice Kubota F2560

/ Kubota F2560 #1  

Brad21

Tractor
john deere gator hpx 4x4
Have a guy selling an F2560 with bad hydrostatic transmission. Apparently it locked up after starting it one day and broke/twisted the input shaft from the engine to the transmission in two! The engine looks and runs fine, but the hydrostatic transmission could be a big cost. Is it possible to rebuild the transmission or is it likely I'd need a rebuilt or new one? Not sure if anything else could be damaged. He wants $1000 and is firm on that. It has a 72" mower deck in good shape. Thanks, Brad

/ Kubota F2560 #2  
Any thing (almost) can be fixed on these machines. Cost can be an issue but I'd suggest you call a Kubota dealer and see what they say. Price just the deck on Kubota Web site and if your wanting one of these mowers I believe you'll jump at this.
Second choice is to buy my F2680E 60" rear discharge deck with 92 hours for $13999.00 and don't worry about fixing that one.:D

/ Kubota F2560
Thanks for the reply. I guess I've just never taken on anything like this, but I've always wanted to. Just worried that it'd nickel and dime me to death. What do these F2560's go for on the used market? I've looked online and seen some from 3k and up. Ebay has one 5k obo. Since all these zero turn mowers came out, are these in very much demand if I were to resell?

/ Kubota F2560 #4  
You don't say what the hours are on it. It could be a simple fix but I doubt that.:( The comparable model new is over $20 K so calculate that into your decision and used ones are still quite expensive. I am sure $2-3K would fix it so you will have a good machine for half what a used one would cost you.:thumbsup:

/ Kubota F2560
Sorry about that...it has 2200 hours.

/ Kubota F2560
He didn't have any listed on the ad and I didn't take any...sorry. I know pictures are helpful. I'd say the mower was in good shape..not great, but I do think he's a guy that takes care of his equipment. He had the radiator out to see the damage. The 3 cylinder diesel ran well and strong (only ran for 15 seconds or so to not overhead). The mower deck was in very good shape I'd say. The back grill that covers the tailpipe was a little rough and could be replaced. The paint was a little faded and a few areas were worn where you'd put yoru feet. The rubber sheathing that the levers would slide by was worn and parts were missing. The decals on the hood were still there. Tires appeared to be in pretty good shape. I could turn the input shaft going to the hydrostatic transmission about a quarter turn. Just wondering if those hydrostatic transmissions can be rebuilt well and for what price?

/ Kubota F2560 #8  
Thanks for the reply. I guess I've just never taken on anything like this, but I've always wanted to. Just worried that it'd nickel and dime me to death. What do these F2560's go for on the used market? I've looked online and seen some from 3k and up. Ebay has one 5k obo. Since all these zero turn mowers came out, are these in very much demand if I were to resell?
The F is far superior to a zero turn. The F is the top of the ladder and the zero turn is on down the ladder and the cost reflects that. Most people don't know about the F models which is not a good thing when it comes to resale but all you have to find is one who knows what it is, wants one and has the money.
There are usually not very many used ones for sale and most Kubota dealers don't keep new ones in stock, they order them when one is sold. The F is usually sold to organizations or businesses for large mowing jobs. Schools, Government and Golf Courses are the largest customers for these machines and they usually don't buy used equipment.
Resale, possible but very limited customer base. I'm hunting for just one for mine.:D

/ Kubota F2560 #9  
Because of their cost they are not real big sellers but they are a far superior mower compared to anything else on the market. With patience you will always find someone that appreciates 'the best'.:D

/ Kubota F2560 #10  
I owned an F2400 front mount and eventually went to a zero turn ZD28 along with several Kubota compact tractors.. The zero turn is less money but I like it a lot better than the high dollar front mount. The women in the family do too.