A new toy for daddy, a new toy for the kids!

/ A new toy for daddy, a new toy for the kids! #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am now officially a tractor owner /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (pending delivery tomorrow). The info from TBN members has been invaluable in my selection of a tractor, thank you everyone who responded to my questions! Went to the dealer on Saturday and took my CFO & lead negotiator (wife) who negotiated a nice price on my new toy, oh I mean tool, yes tool that’s it tool /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. Will post pictures after it arrives.

B7500
302 Loader
60” Land Pride rear finish mower
4’ Agmeier box blade
Kubota pedal tractor toy (my 2 & 4 yr old loved driving it around the showroom floor so we had to get it…teach them early how to drive the tractor)
Total $14000 (with pedal toy tractor included)

Attachments

• 266099-toy tractor.JPG
    266099-toy tractor.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 923
   / A new toy for daddy, a new toy for the kids! #3  
Best part of your deal is the "no waiting" option! Mine will take 10 days! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Have fun!

/ A new toy for daddy, a new toy for the kids!
Congratulations bobobro, I was waiting to see what you decided on. Can I ask what made you decide on the 7500 over the 7800? I would also like to know which dealer you went with as we are both shopping the same market.

Once again congratulations on the purchase and I wish you many years of use on your new tractor!

I hope the kids enjoy their tractor as well!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ A new toy for daddy, a new toy for the kids! #5  
We need to start a Katy focus group for Kubota owners! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Can I ask what made you decide on the 7500 over the 7800? I would also like to know which dealer you went with as we are both shopping the same market. )</font>

Jack,

I went with the 7500 for a few reasons:

1/ The general consensus of TBN members and dealers was that the 7500 would do everything I needed it to do, I could go bigger if I wanted to but the 7500 is very capable and would do the job. Realistically 30hp on the 7800 would be nice but a bit overkill for what I am going to do with a tractor.

2/ I only have 4 acres.

3/ I may hire out the larger drainage/fill job to a guy who does all the new houses in the neighborhood. He has all the right equipment, knows what he is doing and does beautiful work (I still plan to do the smaller fill work).

4/ If I run into something I need a bigger tractor for I have the key to my next door neighbors L3000 and his permission to use anytime. He is pretty well set with implements for his baby too.

5/ In the winter the grass doesn’t grow and it doesn’t snow so the tractor won’t get worked as much.

6/ It will fit nicely in the garage.

7/ My teenage nephews should be able to handle it easily. (So I can watch them cut the grass in the 99 degree heat while I sit on the porch with a beer this summer /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif).

8/ My CFO (wife) agreed to the stipulation I reserve the right to get something bigger in a few years if the 7500 isn’t doing the job, or if we move and get more land.

I went with Roach Kubota. I shopped Lansdowne, Sealy & Roach locally in person. Dean Implement & Rioux by email. All the quotes for the full package were within about $600. I felt all the dealers were decent and any would have been a good place to purchase. Dean and Rioux were just to see what prices they had as they are both too far away unless they just offered just a stellar deal, plus service/warranty would be harder buying from them. (Didn't bother with Wowco - too far away)

Sealy was the highest on their prices and they deal mostly with big farm tractors. Lansdowne was low price, offered free pickup and delivery under warranty and 50hr. service labor but only put the 272 loader on the 7500 (maybe trying to sell what they had in stock as ICAT has suggested?). Plus they are pretty far away.

Roach is closest to me. I talked a lot to Nick and Jack who spent what ever time I needed with me each time I visited. Both guys are very knowledgeable about their tractors. Their parts and service seems competent. If I need warranty or repair they are 20 minutes away. If I need parts, I pass them 3x per week taking my daughter to school. Nick sat down with us on Saturday and went over their prices vs. the other quotes I got to see what more he could do and even factored in the toy Kubota. Over all I think I got a good deal from a good dealer.

Good luck with your tractor shopping!

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( We need to start a Katy focus group for Kubota owners! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif )</font>

What we should have done is bobobro, icat, Bellville and my neighbor looking to buy all go to the same dealer at the same time and get a group discount! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ A new toy for daddy, a new toy for the kids! #8  
Congratulaions on your new "Tool"
I have dealt quite a bit with Roach especially their parts department. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Generally when I needed a part I would call first and it would be sitting on the counter waiting for me when I got there. No complaints about service either although I did most of it myself. I have been buying my oil and filters (New Holland brand it's cheaper and won't void warranty) from Landsdowne it's closer. May all your "seat time" be pleasurable.
Mike

Here she is on arrival!

Attachments

• 266446-tractor1.JPG
    266446-tractor1.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 356
She cuts the grass beautifully!

Attachments

• 266449-tractor2.JPG
    266449-tractor2.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 484