kubota 2920vs jd2520

/ kubota 2920vs jd2520 #1  

chub380

Tractor
kubota
kinda decided between these two tractors anyone who was looking at these two what made up your mind saw the jd today definatly like the pedal arangement better prices are almost the same for fel and mmm and tractor dealer support isnt an issue as both were helpful and within 2 mi of each other thanks for any imput

/ kubota 2920vs jd2520 #2  
Very tough call. I recommend you try both at the dealer if you can..... see if one 'fits' you better than the other. Both excellent choices..... each has its own strong points. Deere, couple inches longer, has position control. Kubota, three range hydro, usually a little cheaper. Do you see yourself ever having a front snowblower or backhoe? If so I give the edge to Kubota with their integrated backhoe and RAD made front blower. Both tractors are excellent, and I like Deere's removeable bucket.

/ kubota 2920vs jd2520
a backhoe yes snowblower no but mabie a front blade

/ kubota 2920vs jd2520 #4  
I am really shocked that the price is close on those two. When I looked a month ago the Kubota was a good bit less, and Mahindra was a lot less. The Deere to me was smoother operating with the Mahindra a close second. The 3 range hydro was nice on the Kubota. It was a tough decision but I ended up with the Mahindra because I bought it and had enough left to buy a very nice lawn tractor if need be compared to the price of the Deere. Also 5 year warranty. However if the pricing would have been closer the Deere would have been my choice. If you are set on a MMM the kubota or even a 2320 Deere may be the way to go. For MMM the Mahindra was out but I wanted a finishing mower. To me the Kubota loader and 3 pt was jerky and the tractor is not as stable and is light. Great for mowing I guess. The Mahindra 3pt is nicer but the loader is a little jerky. The deere was the best package but the price killed it for me. Overall though, they are all nice and could do anything I needed done. Like said before, what did it for me was putting my butt in the seat and making the decision. After driving all I was able to rule one out, and couldn't justify the price difference for the other. You may look at it totally different.

/ kubota 2920vs jd2520
Iwould like to look at mahindra but dont think there is a dealer anywhere close Only ever had kubota but am willing to go a different route I do want a belly mower tho dont like the long arc of a rear finisher dont mihindra have a mmm

/ kubota 2920vs jd2520 #6  
JD2520 is larger frame in length and height, less HP and two speed hydro, my B2920 works best in speed two, but nice to know there is first and third speed for job, my wife did not like the extra 2 to 3" step up to get on JD. even before the JD 1 series came out and they had $1500 rebate on JD2520, the Kubota B2920 was less money. HP extra on Kubota is worth it.

/ kubota 2920vs jd2520 #7  
Posted on your other thread in the jd forum, but here are a few additional thoughts i had while comparing the two: 3 speed hydro on the kubota is very nice, i am in mid range all the time. I got a backhoe and didn't like the jd vs kubota version. The kubota one is better integrated making the setup more maneuverable in tight quarters. I liked position control on the jd, but have found i don't really miss it on my b2920. The operator position was more comfortable on the kubota for me, but thats purely personal preference.

Ultimately for me it was price that made the decision and the extra hp, which i really needed for pto chipping. I think I would have been very happy with either. I would drive both and maybe try some of the things you'll use it for and you'll probably develop an attachment to one or the other.

/ kubota 2920vs jd2520 #8  
Tough call. There's really no stand out feature in either of these models/series for each that blow the other out of the water. If they are close in price, go with the control arrangement you like best. IE, side by side pedals vs rocker.

/ kubota 2920vs jd2520 #9  
It really comes down to what will you use it for. The 3 speed tranny is nice but since I use my tiller and rotary cutter ALOT, the position control was very important to me. Also I prefer the fully independent PTO on the Deere to the live PTO on the Kubota.

/ kubota 2920vs jd2520 #10  
I looked at the same models; jd and kubota. What actually made up my mind, was that it seemed easier to get on and off the Kubota, possibly a little more room at the work station. I just felt more comfortable.
Jim