L3800 / L3200

/ L3800 / L3200 #1  

Heaven Hill

Tractor
L3800 / L3200 price shopping
I purchased 7.5 acres of unimproved land in Aug 09 and had a buddy bring out his big kabota of 72hp out and make a path/ driveway and 2
1/2 acre clearing spots which I covered all his diesal from home and back, provided all food n drinks and haven't ever seen him since. We've been clearing the rest of the property Lil by Lil with my 93gmc , 50' chain and a crapload of pruners ..
I jody blew my bullet proof well tough made transmission for the 2nd time and am just fed up with the promises that friends never keep.
Currently I've been price comparing the kabota and john Deere as well as specs and performance. Then my dad comes home with a woods n water magazine offering the same john Deere & kabota tractors in a package including a flat bed trailer for $3-5 K off the price our home dealership offers only his doesn't include a 16 or 18' trailer and its additional and will take me out of the 0% financing deal and put me to a 1.5-3% interest rate.
I've been around and worked a few different model kabotas and really enjoy the hydro drive over the gear drive and really prefer the QC OVER THE PIN.
I'm about to find out how high the interest will be on Monday, Apr.30th and hope its not to drastic as I can only a afford a $400 mo payment for the next few years. I'm lookin for some guidance and more technical spec info on my decision

/ L3800 / L3200 #5  
Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ L3800 / L3200 #7  
Hello and welcome to the site. I am a fairly new owner of the L3200HST, FEL with the quick attach 66" bucket. My wife and I purchased 8 acres of land that has mature trees on it. It was grown up and I honestly was leaning more towards a 50-60 hp tractor. I went to the local Kubota dealership around here and spoke with what turned out to be a very tractor educated fella. I explained what my needs where and he suggested the L3200-3800 units with the FEL and possibly the backhoe. I drove both units and choose the L3200. It might be a few ponies shy of the 3800 but was assured it was a fine choice. I'm not knocking any of the L3800 owners either because it is a great machine aswell. I think the L3800's couple hp and torque might be an advantage with pto based units. I do wish sometimes I would have went ahead and purchased the backhoe attachment (and still might) but all-in-all, it is the right size machine for what I need to do as far as clearing. You do have to realize it is not a dozer or a track hoe so it is going to have it's limitations. I looked into buy the same tractor from a dealer in Arkansas as well as West Virginia I believe and I ended up saving $2000-$2500 by staying with my local dealer which was great for me. I hope my take on the L3200 helps you out somewhat. Have a good one

/ L3800 / L3200 #8  
Welcome!

I've been very pleased and impressed with our L3800. A little small for our 400 acres, but it'll get-er-done. :thumbsup:

/ L3800 / L3200 #10  
What kind of work do you do with your L3800?

I take care of a one mile gravel drive way and 2-3 miles of logging roads. Using a 5' box blade (goin to get a 6' soon) and hauling/dumping gravel with the FEL. I also mow 30-40 acres and skid logs out of the woods.

My brother uses our old L3750 mostly logging, grades the roads and he mows about the same amount as I do here on the place.