Dented cross member on new Kubota L5740

/ Dented cross member on new Kubota L5740 #12  
Is this "no front weights with loader" L5740 specific? Or big CUT specific?

I'm wondering because my dealer put front weights on my B7610 when he added the Woods BH70X.

They are not enough for the backhoe, I often put more weight in the FEL. But should I take them off when not using the BH?

I'd say that that is to much hoe for the tractor! Got to love the after market world!

/ Dented cross member on new Kubota L5740
Making the call to the dealer today, and you are correct. We will find out how good of a dealer he is.

I probably had bent the cross member minimally at first, but was moving patio furniture around the other day, facing the front end of the tractor downhill, which likely made the travel of the loader even greater.

Wish me luck.

/ Dented cross member on new Kubota L5740
Just finished talking with the salesman at my dealership about the issue and they will be fixing the tractor. He stated this is "obviously on us since we put the weights on it." Will be sending the pictures tonight and they will come up with a plan for repair or replacement.

Thanks to all for your support and advice. I really love this forum and all those who contribute.

/ Dented cross member on new Kubota L5740 #15  
Is this "no front weights with loader" L5740 specific? Or big CUT specific?

I'm wondering because my dealer put front weights on my B7610 when he added the Woods BH70X.

They are not enough for the backhoe, I often put more weight in the FEL. But should I take them off when not using the BH?

In general, there is no need for front weights with a loader attached, that is conter-productive. There may not be a rule or law about it for any specific model, but - it just doesn't make sense, the loader tends to overload the front end anyhow, why add more weights?

If you have a backhoe that is too heavy for your tractor with a loader on with front wieghts on as well, I would agree that you got a mis-match of backhoe & tractor, the hoe is too big for your tractor.

There can be reasons and needs & configurations where front wieghts are needed wityh a loader on, I'm no expert. But for front loader work, it just doesn't really make sense for 95% of the time?

--->Paul

/ Dented cross member on new Kubota L5740 #16  
Just finished talking with the salesman at my dealership about the issue and they will be fixing the tractor. He stated this is "obviously on us since we put the weights on it." Will be sending the pictures tonight and they will come up with a plan for repair or replacement.

Thanks to all for your support and advice. I really love this forum and all those who contribute.

Now that sounds like a good dealer.

/ Dented cross member on new Kubota L5740 #17  
Post their name when the situation is resolved so that anyone in the area can buy from them. Sounds like a good dealer.

Aaron Z

/ Dented cross member on new Kubota L5740 #18  
The Woods 70x front weights on the B-series mouting are a special low profile design to it with the loader. As a rule, front weights are never compatible with loaders... nor is there really a reason to use them.

/ Dented cross member on new Kubota L5740 #19  
It would be counter productive to have front weights _and_ a loader on the tractor at the same time. The front end has plenty of weight on it with the loader, or even just the loader brackets add a lot without the loader.

If you tend to use the tractor without the loader a lot (that is rare, despite initial intentions, most folk don't remove the loader very often...) you might need the weights but really I'd throw them off and probably never touch them again unless you take the loader off & you have something heavy on the 3pt.

Perhaps you could make a nice bracket for your 3pt and hang them on the rear end to help with the loader.

--->Paul
Front weight helps you to dig well with the loader. I have my fronts filled for about 400# worth. I really notice when I get too much counterweight because theres not enuf weight on the front for good ground penetration.
larry

/ Dented cross member on new Kubota L5740 #20  
Front weight helps you to dig well with the loader. I have my fronts filled for about 400# worth. I really notice when I get too much counterweight because theres not enuf weight on the front for good ground penetration.
larry

Larry, With the way you have your Mahindra outfitted I would think you would be the imputes for "Mahindra Max"! :D