Pulling the trigger on an L3200 4wd HST

/ Pulling the trigger on an L3200 4wd HST #1  

RRX

Tractor
Kubota L3200 HST
Thanks to months of research and of course the good advice from TBN, I'm getting a new L3200 HST with the same bucket (L2239) that "herefromthere" got with his tractor. I got a good price from the great folks at McHenry Tractors in Nashville, so I'll be picking this tractor up this weekend. I didn't get the BH77 because I'm too financially embarrassed to buy it at this time. :D

So now I guess I'm open to advice on a decent rotary cutter and a box blade. :thumbsup:

/ Pulling the trigger on an L3200 4wd HST #2  
Congrats! Nice tractor.

We've had very good luck with Land Pride and Woods mowers, but Bush Hog and others are good also. I would stay away from King Cutter and other cheap mowers.

/ Pulling the trigger on an L3200 4wd HST #3  
Congrats on the tractor! With our weather this week, you'll probably get to use yours before I really use mine. When it was dry, I had a remodeling project I had to take care of, and now it's raining again. :smiley_aafz: My ground is pretty wet and muddy this time of year, so the wait is killing me.

Since that's a big (heavy) bucket, and it sticks out even farther with the SSQA, I figure some kind of counterweight will be necessary. The box scraper should work for that. If you buy one of the box blades that your dealer carries, you should be able to finance it at zero percent with the tractor if you're not paying cash. I did that with the Land Pride BB1572. Did you also get the bolt on cutting edge for the L2239? If not, it does come pre-drilled for mounting it easily later.

/ Pulling the trigger on an L3200 4wd HST
Is that cutting edge a Kubota brand, or other? You got a part/model number? I'll make sure my dealer has it in stock.

/ Pulling the trigger on an L3200 4wd HST #5  
My dealer is pretty loose on paperwork and part #'s, so I don't have any specifics, but I think it's a Kubota part that retails for around $200 with fasteners. Probably costs them quite a bit less, so you should be able to work it into your deal without too much additional cost. I was told that bucket comes pre-drilled, so installation would be quick and easy.

/ Pulling the trigger on an L3200 4wd HST
I found it online the part number for the cutting edge is 7J266-79322.