Buying Advice L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR
hey notforhire 3.7 hrs lol i put 11k on a case 21hp i called the dealer i asked what theyed give on trade so waiti on a call

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #12  
hey notforhire 3.7 hrs lol i put 11k on a case 21hp i called the dealer i asked what theyed give on trade so waiti on a call

Case245,

The dealer may be able to take your L3800 back in and re-sell as new. I have a local dealer with a B3300SU with, if my memory serves me correctly, 17 hrs. They said Kubota gave them the OK to sell as new to qualify for the 0% financing. That may help to not lose too much by trading back in, otherwise I think selling outright may be tough when you can get 0% on new. Good luck and I hope you find a machine that fits your needs. Is it possible, you just have real good memories of the Case 245 and it really did not out perform the Kubota? Just wondering since the spec's on the Case 245 do not appear to suggest that. Might be worth the few bucks and time to get the tires loaded to see how that helps.

TractorData.com CaseIH 245 tractor information

Last edited:
   / L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #13  

It doesn't cost anything to ask. Where it's so new, and a popular machine, I wouldn't think they would beat you up to bad.
Lots of people would love to save a several hundred dollars on a used but like new machine. Unless you damaged it a dealer can sell it easly.

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #14  
It can't be that bad. This poster seems to like his.:D

"the L3800 IS A GD TRACTOR I GOT ONE NEW I PUT 3.7 HRS ON IT MOSTLY FEL WORK SO FAR THE ONLY PROB IS NO LOADED TIRES IF U CANT AFFORD A BIGGRT TRACTOR GET THE L3800 i like mine so far i move over fill buckets of dirt with 5' foot rake on back its so heavy starts to lift back end off the groung i almost let the bucket drag on ground im backing up the hill i havent mowed with the l 38 yet si i cant tell u anything bout that and bahbah bout the jerky 3pt mine dont do it"

He liked it one day, hates it the next. :confused:

Guess he didn't really know what size tractor he needed. Because the L3800 is a very good tractor for it's size!

Caseman, my dealer had a L3800 on the lot 5 months ago, with 14 hours on it. Asking price was 15.5K.

I got it for 16K, with 5' Land Pride mower, delivered...

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #15  

Caseman, my dealer had a L3800 on the lot 5 months ago, with 14 hours on it. Asking price was 15.5K.

I got it for 16K, with 5' Land Pride mower, delivered...

Bluegill2;
Did the dealer sell you the tractor as new, or used, with those low hrs.?

Case 245;
You would like to run a seven foot mower. Looking in the OM for the L3800 they say you can run a six foot Bush Hog. A Bush Hog Squealer is right at the max. weight for that tractor, but there are lots of lighter six foot cutters around. Is it worth changing machines to gain another foot?
If you are going to get beat bad on trading you might think about loading all four tires. The loader on that tractor is very strong for the size of the tractor, but it does need a counterweight. (Loading the front tires will help with the bush hog.)

Good luck

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #16  
I PLAN ON LISTING ON EBAY THIS WEEKEND I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WILL GIVE ON A TRADE I WILLNT TRADE IT IN WHEN I BOUGHT A NEW TRUCK THEY OFFERED ME A 100.. FOR MY 1985 TRUCK I LAUGHED AT THEM AND WALK OUT THE DOOR THE TRACTOR IM DISGUSTED WITH ITS TO SMALL ITS A TOY the fel doesnt have any breakout THE OLD CASE 21hp I RAN TILL 2005 Was A BETTER TRACTOR THAT HAD 11K ON IT NEVER EVER CHANGED THE ENGINE OIL

The 3800 is too small, but the much smaller, lighter 21hp Case was a better tractor:confused:

"HAD 11K ON IT NEVER EVER CHANGED THE ENGINE OIL" :confused:

"the fel doesnt have any breakout" :confused:

Sorry man, just not following ya very clearly...

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #17  
Bluegill2;
Did the dealer sell you the tractor as new, or used, with those low hrs.?

Case 245;
You would like to run a seven foot mower. Looking in the OM for the L3800 they say you can run a six foot Bush Hog. A Bush Hog Squealer is right at the max. weight for that tractor, but there are lots of lighter six foot cutters around. Is it worth changing machines to gain another foot?
If you are going to get beat bad on trading you might think about loading all four tires. The loader on that tractor is very strong for the size of the tractor, but it does need a counterweight. (Loading the front tires will help with the bush hog.)

Good luck

Notforhire, the dealer sold it as used, but it looked brand new. Also got a warranty. New would have been right at 20K

Also, good advice for the OP. The 3800 will handle a 6' cutter just fine and that extra foot will likely cost 8-10k. We've also been round and round about loaded tires and counter weight. ;)

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR
it was brand new with .6 hrs 11k hrs on that case i dont think a kubota will last that long

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #19  
Case, if you're really set on trading up, look at the Mx5100, like others have mentioned. Much larger, heavier, huge fel lift capacity, 7' mower no problem.

Around here the MX5100DT is offered in a package deal for 29k. With FEL, mower, box blade and 18' trailer.

It'll likely replace our old L3750 at some point.

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #20  
it was brand new with .6 hrs 11k hrs on that case i dont think a kubota will last that long

I think you'd have to change the oil on the Kubota a few times to get that many hours...and stuff.