Buying Advice L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR
notforhire that case is 23 yrs old i think i ll pass on that

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #32  
i moved bout 30 ton of millings i 5 foot rake on back i had bucket an inch off ground i backed up the hill

We keep tellin ya, need more weight on the back end. And fill the tires!

When ya back up a hill with a full bucket, you're putting all the weight on the front end. Not good!

The right amount of counter weight (500lbs minimum) on the 3 pth will transfer loader weight to rear tires.

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #33  
We keep tellin ya, need more weight on the back end. And fill the tires!

When ya back up a hill with a full bucket, you're putting all the weight on the front end. Not good!

The right amount of counter weight (500lbs minimum) on the 3 pth will transfer loader weight to rear tires.

I ran 750 on my L3400 and loaded tires and it was not too much.. that 5 foot rake would not be enough, especially without loaded tires. These smaller standard Kubota tractors are light, and you must ballast them. The Grand L series weigh more for their size.

James K0UA

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #34  
I ran 750 on my L3400 and loaded tires and it was not too much.. that 5 foot rake would not be enough, especially without loaded tires. These smaller standard Kubota tractors are light, and you must ballast them. The Grand L series weigh more for their size.

James K0UA

That's what we keep tellin him. In this and other threads.

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #35  
I have a heavy box blade on my 3800, with 200 extra lbs added. It could use another 200 lbs for heavy loader work. But I have absolutely no complaints with the tractor!

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #36  
That's what we keep tellin him. In this and other threads.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh:mur::mur:

Caseman, you must have had loaded tires or ballast on your old Case tractor, Correct? It only weighed 2000lbs.:confused:
I would hate to see you loose $3000 on that tractor without giving the counterweight a try.
Do you know anyone with a 3PH counterweight or carryall that you could load up with some rock? At least that way you could try it out without spending any money.

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #37  
Got to agree with the others. I have loaded rears and when doing dirt work put my 550 lb box blade on. I have dug and lifted full heaping buckets of wet red clay while redoing my entire ditch line with zero problems at all. The closest I've come to having any issue was while digging another swale in another spot, I uncovered and picked up a huge wide and long rock that stuck 2' out of the front of my loader and the tractor was only barely tipsy on the rear with it. The loader did not struggle a bit, just the massive weight made it light in the rear while transporting it.

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #38  
I can see Caseman gettin a 30% larger tractor, with a 30% larger bucket, that holds 30% more weight. And having the same problems, because not enough counterweight on the rear. :rolleyes:

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #39  
Don't think 3K is that bad of an offer really. Figure it dropped about $1500 at least in value (low hrs or not, it is still used), has less warranty, no 0% rate available and the dealer still needs to make a profit so that is not too bad really.....

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR
i know about the weight on the rear the cat 943b a 1972 had 2 ton of weight out back it was 24000ibs i think i will sell it on ebay and buy a skid loader