Buying Advice L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #1  

case245

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota 7040sud
I HAVE A L3800 WITH 14 HRS ON IT THINKING OF SELLING IT TO GET A BIGGER 50-60HP KUBOTA I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE TO GET I DONT TO SPEND ALOT MORE MONEY MAYBE 24K I WANT TO RUN A 7 FOOT ROTARY CUTTER THE 31 PTO HP AINT ENOUGH FOR ME

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #2  
What will they give you on trade for the L3800? You may be better off selling it outright.

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #3  
Might be cheaper running a smaller cutter and making a few extra passes? I hate to see you take a beating on such a new tractor.

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #4  
He is better off to keep it for awhile or he will get his wallet emptyed for him.

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR
I PLAN ON LISTING ON EBAY THIS WEEKEND I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WILL GIVE ON A TRADE I WILLNT TRADE IT IN WHEN I BOUGHT A NEW TRUCK THEY OFFERED ME A 100.. FOR MY 1985 TRUCK I LAUGHED AT THEM AND WALK OUT THE DOOR THE TRACTOR IM DISGUSTED WITH ITS TO SMALL ITS A TOY the fel doesnt have any breakout THE OLD CASE 21hp I RAN TILL 2005 Was A BETTER TRACTOR THAT HAD 11K ON IT NEVER EVER CHANGED THE ENGINE OIL

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #6  
Would look at a MX5100 - MUCH larger frame, more loader and close to the price you are talking. I went from a 3700 to the 5100 and am very pleased with it.
May want to change the oil on the new one however......
Good luck!

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #7  
L3800 with 14 hours sounds pretty good to me. Good size. Are you serious about 11,000 hours on the same oil in a Case? Not that I would do that, but I wouldn't mind having such a model if they are that bulletproof. Was that the Case 245, same one as your call out?

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR
yeah joe its was an 1989 21hp with fel ag tires started runnin it when i was 11 yrs old log draggin plowing tilling i just added penns oil

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #9  
THE TRACTOR IM DISGUSTED WITH ITS TO SMALL ITS A TOY the fel doesnt have any breakout THE OLD CASE 21hp I RAN TILL 2005 Was A BETTER TRACTOR THAT HAD 11K ON IT NEVER EVER CHANGED THE ENGINE OIL

It can't be that bad. This poster seems to like his.:D

"the L3800 IS A GD TRACTOR I GOT ONE NEW I PUT 3.7 HRS ON IT MOSTLY FEL WORK SO FAR THE ONLY PROB IS NO LOADED TIRES IF U CANT AFFORD A BIGGRT TRACTOR GET THE L3800 i like mine so far i move over fill buckets of dirt with 5' foot rake on back its so heavy starts to lift back end off the groung i almost let the bucket drag on ground im backing up the hill i havent mowed with the l 38 yet si i cant tell u anything bout that and bahbah bout the jerky 3pt mine dont do it"

/ L3800 WITH 14 HRS TRADE IN FOR A BIGGER TRACTOR #10  
We got a good deal trading our 13 y/o JD 6210 on a 6230, better than we could get offered outright considering the deal they would make without trade, then what they offered for our trade. Same thing when we traded our Kubota L3710 on a L5740 last year. Try the dealers - they might surprise you. They don't drop 50% in value when you drive them out the door like a car. Can't hurt to ask.