KUBOTA L5240

/ KUBOTA L5240 #2  
I can't find the thread, but I seem to remember one comparing the L5240 and L5740. If IIRC, they are the same tractor with the the 5740 turning more RPMs and a different turbo setting maybe to get the added HP.

I will be trading my L5030 for one or the other some day, so I am always interested to hear anything about them too. My L5030 does everything I ask, so I am leaning toward the 5240 right now, but the trade is a few years down the road.

/ KUBOTA L5240 #3  
as there is only one review in TBN which might mean something in itself.?

I would not read into that, only 1 review does not means something bad. Any GrandLxx40 review would be beneficial, only real difference is horsepower, and some capabilities (pto size work, loader work). I have come across very few complaints for the GrandLxx40 series of tractors, and those are minor issues. Philip.

/ KUBOTA L5240 #4  
I was shopping for a L5240 but ended up with the L5740 because of availability. The regional rep told my dealer that they make much fewer L5240s because most buyers opt for the increased hp of the L5740 in the same size package. I took delivery of my tractor in early April but would have had to wait until July to get the L5240. There was no stock available in the region and that was the schedule for the next build. Would have been happy with the L5240 if I could have gotten my hands on it though. Nice machines.

/ KUBOTA L5240 #5  
I think the 5240 is kind of a odd place in the GL lineup. It's not much more money to move up to the 5740 to get an extra 5hp. With a list price over $31k just for the basic tractor is another $1k really that much more? It's also got the 5040 for people who do not want the HST transmission.

/ KUBOTA L5240 #6  
I've had my 5240 about a year and love it. I bought it used with 480hr and the HD roundback bucket for about $21K. I have had no issues. I will say, you need some decent ballast even with the tires filled. This might be better with the regular bucket. I have not been able to find the difference in bucket weights. The operator station is very comfortable. I like the HST+ and do almost everything in mid-range using the Hi-Lo switch on the column. I added hydraulics to the front and rear. Only thing I wish it had is a 3 pt lever in back to help with hook-ups (like the Bobcat has.)

/ KUBOTA L5240 #7  
I've had my 5240 about a year and love it. I bought it used with 480hr and the HD roundback bucket for about $21K. I have had no issues. I will say, you need some decent ballast even with the tires filled. This might be better with the regular bucket. I have not been able to find the difference in bucket weights. The operator station is very comfortable. I like the HST+ and do almost everything in mid-range using the Hi-Lo switch on the column. I added hydraulics to the front and rear. Only thing I wish it had is a 3 pt lever in back to help with hook-ups (like the Bobcat has.)

I think TEXASJOHN uses a piece of PVC pipe to reach his controls.

/ KUBOTA L5240 #8  
I would not hesitate to get the L5240. I got the 5740 because of the lack of 5240's.
It is a 5 min deal to make a 52 into a 57 anyway.:laughing:;)