Any Red Flags on L3800 order?

/ Any Red Flags on L3800 order? #1  

DieselDon

Tractor
B2620
My brother, in typical fashion, must order a larger Kubota than my B2620. And hence, the L3800

Any red flags from your research?

His use would include:

Digging, maintaining a large pond (with the assistance of a crane)
Maintaining 13 acres
Some hobby farming
Wood hauling
General 'I'm cooler than my brother cuz my tractor is bigger'

??

Thanks

/ Any Red Flags on L3800 order? #2  
Help him spend more $$ of course so you get to go over and play with his toys..

No reservations on the L3800 from what I have read here, but why not step up to the GL series 4240 size - seems he could use it with 13Ac, also a BH and thumb for digging and holding and cutting wood, grapple for clearing brush..

Carl

/ Any Red Flags on L3800 order? #3  
I'm 5 months into a L3800 and love it. No red flags here! :thumbsup:

It's actually more tractor than I was expecting...

/ Any Red Flags on L3800 order? #4  
Don't recommend anything bigger, or more expensive than the 3800, Don, because it will cost you more when it's your turn to leapfrog HIM... LOL.

Just kidding, the 3800 sounds great for him, and the new L-4600 great for you!

BTW, I got a kick out of your post.. Thanks for the chuckle. We're all the same, I guess!

/ Any Red Flags on L3800 order? #5  
43 or 44 hours in with mine now and haven't found a job it wouldn't do yet. I love this machine and it is more tractor than I expected it to be. I find the toothbar very helpful for all the digging I've done.

/ Any Red Flags on L3800 order? #6  
My brother has a bigger tractor. :D

We both take care and live (diff houses) on our 400 acre, mostly wooded, family farm. The main reason I bought the L3800 is my brother is always using the old (1984) L3750, which is a good bit larger/heavier rig. He's logging full time right now and I let him borrow the 3800 a couple weeks ago, he came back and offered to trade tractors. Said it was handier for skidding logs out of the woods, shorter, turns tighter, power is about the same (3750 is 45hp and 5 cyl), loader is stronger and faster (3750 needs a pump). I said no, the 3800 is all mine, but you can barrow it any time and we'll trade the 3750 for a newer 'big' tractor at some point.

Bigger is not always better! :thumbsup:

/ Any Red Flags on L3800 order? #7  
Got my new L38 last month and LOVE it. As mentioned above, it is more tractor than I expected. Digs stumps that I never thought it would be able to handle.

/ Any Red Flags on L3800 order? #8  
Got my new L38 last month and LOVE it. As mentioned above, it is more tractor than I expected. Digs stumps that I never thought it would be able to handle.

Welcome to the site and congrats on a fine machine!

/ Any Red Flags on L3800 order? #9  
Not a red flag, but there have been some complaints about a jerky 3 pt hitch in the L3200, 3400, 3800, when raising an implement slowly. Mine does it a little, but it is absolutely not a problem for me. I would not have even noticed it, if I had not read about it here first.

Seems like it might have been worse on the L3400...

/ Any Red Flags on L3800 order? #10  
Another jerky 3 point hitch here.I can live with it.