L3800 HST Price

/ L3800 HST Price #1  

andy33

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ferguson30 Kubota L 3800
Dealer quote for L 3800 HST, 4wd, 524 Loader pack, fluid in back tires, which i believe to Industrial, was not on the quote but does not matter to me if they are ag. $18250. Seemed like an OK price for just walking in telling him what I was generally looking for. Going back this week sometime and driving one, as he did not have the HST in stock at the time. Thanks Andy

/ L3800 HST Price #2  
Dealer quote for L 3800 HST, 4wd, 524 Loader pack, fluid in back tires, which i believe to Industrial, was not on the quote but does not matter to me if they are ag. $18250. Seemed like an OK price for just walking in telling him what I was generally looking for. Going back this week sometime and driving one, as he did not have the HST in stock at the time. Thanks Andy

That is a good price!

I was lucky enough to find a 14 hour used 3800TD with loaded tires on my dealer's lot and got it for 16K with 5' mower.

Someone likely traded it in for a HST machine. :thumbsup:

/ L3800 HST Price
Sounds like you did real good on that BG. I never really thought about the price, as I was getting about the same price quote on the 3616 Mahindra, but I did the "build your own" on the Kubota website and it was 22k and some change retail. We,ll see what happens . Andy

/ L3800 HST Price #4  
Andy, I almost went with the package deal, L3800DT w/FEL, 16' trailer, 5' mower and 5' box blade for 20K. But didn't think I needed the trailer or box. Since then (6 months), have needed a 16' trailer 3 times and my old box blade is worn out. Oh well, I still saved a few bucks...

/ L3800 HST Price
I guess I can go from the "buying and pricing forum" to the "owning and operating". Got the L3800- 4WD-HST-QA Loader,w/toothbar installed-fluid in tires-delivered.17K.Dealer called this am said he got the loader put on the 3800HST and did I want to drive it. So i did, and now I own it! Old Ferguson has to make room for the new addition!

/ L3800 HST Price #6  
I guess I can go from the "buying and pricing forum" to the "owning and operating". Got the L3800- 4WD-HST-QA Loader,w/toothbar installed-fluid in tires-delivered.17K.Dealer called this am said he got the loader put on the 3800HST and did I want to drive it. So i did, and now I own it! Old Ferguson has to make room for the new addition!

hey you did pretty good, I gave 18500 for a L3400HST (its 2 year ago predecessor) without the tooth-bar and fluid. Enjoy your new tractor

James K0UA

/ L3800 HST Price
Thanks, I see you have a Kioti, I stopped and talked to the Kioti dealer but he didnt seem to want to talk much and just quoted what seemed to be msrp, which is fine, its his business. They seemed like nice tractors. Just a little more than I wanted to spend, and the Kubota dealer has a place 15 min east and another 20 min north of me. Andy

/ L3800 HST Price #8  
Thanks, I see you have a Kioti, I stopped and talked to the Kioti dealer but he didn't seem to want to talk much and just quoted what seemed to be msrp, which is fine, its his business. They seemed like nice tractors. Just a little more than I wanted to spend, and the Kubota dealer has a place 15 min east and another 20 min north of me. Andy

yeah I swapped the 'bota in for the Kioti a couple of months ago.. have over 60 hours on it already. about 65 I think. I am off down here in the hills of Branson, I see you are a fellow Missouri guy.

James K0UA

/ L3800 HST Price
Yea it was kind of confusing, I stopped in at the dealer, its on the way to my place, looking to see a DK35 hst, main guy was busy so a lady was looking up prices, did not see the DK35 so I showed her the page I just DL from the Kioti website 2hrs earlier, she only saw the DK40 and larger on her computer, then gave me a price of 25 or 28 K! So I said whoa! thats OK ! lets go to the ck series, which was also high, then the guy joined us and said the DK35 was discontinued , as was another DS or something, not sure, then quoted me some Yanmar and NH prices. I walked out and got in the truck so confused, I,m glad there wasnt a freakin test on what they told me! They were real nice ,just didnt have the right prices.

/ L3800 HST Price #10  
Yea it was kind of confusing, I stopped in at the dealer, its on the way to my place, looking to see a DK35 hst, main guy was busy so a lady was looking up prices, did not see the DK35 so I showed her the page I just DL from the Kioti website 2hrs earlier, she only saw the DK40 and larger on her computer, then gave me a price of 25 or 28 K! So I said whoa! thats OK ! lets go to the ck series, which was also high, then the guy joined us and said the DK35 was discontinued , as was another DS or something, not sure, then quoted me some Yanmar and NH prices. I walked out and got in the truck so confused, I,m glad there wasnt a freakin test on what they told me! They were real nice ,just didnt have the right prices.

Yes the Dk35se is discontinued, apparently the scuttlebutt is that there was not room on the frame to put the new tier 4 final emissions parts that will be needed next Year. I paid 19300 for mine 2 months ago. The DK40se a little larger 4.5 inches more frame space and has a big honking loader on it that will lift over 2700 lbs. Bigger wheels and tires too, and a bigger front axle. My loader is 1400 lbs Of course they just shoot you MSRP at first, but some guys have bought the DK40seHST recently for as low as 21500, I was quoted 22500. Of course you know that tractor prices are regional. Some places higher some cheaper.. we seem to be about middle of the road here in Mo.. deep south seems a little cheaper, and Northeast a little higher, and we wont even talk about Canada.. Ha.. they get the shaft big time. Tractor shopping can be a little scary when you are new.. and sometimes even when you are not so new.:ashamed:

James K0UA