Buying a new L5740 HSTC?

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #1  

TripleR

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford
I am in the process of looking at a trade in of my beloved L5030 HSTC for a L5740 HSTC -3

Industrial Tires (filled and set wide)
Three rear remotes
Top and Tilt
Rear Wiper
Back and Side Window Defoggers
Quick Attach HD Round Back Bucket
Reversible Bolt On Cutting Edge
Work Lights
No extended Warranty

Close to a done deal this morning; who knows.

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #2  
boy you do have tractor fever.why are you swapping tractors.

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC?
Mobility issues are making it harder to get in and out due to the evaporator being in the roof with less head room. My wife and I looked at and tried out a 5740 Thursday and with the swivel seat and more head room it is easier on me. The cab is a bit bigger, so I can get my crutches in there or at least one.

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #4  
well then i dont blame you.got todo what it takes to keep you on the tractor.head room is always an issue with cab tractors.just make sure you can get in an out of the cab with ease.

well then i dont blame you.got todo what it takes to keep you on the tractor.head room is always an issue with cab tractors.just make sure you can get in an out of the cab with ease.

Yeah, we tried one out and it was much better, not as good as the M8540, but pretty good and a lot lower to the ground.:laughing:

I may look into adding more hand rails too. will just have to wait and see.

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #6  
Go get that new tractor, brother! :)

Go get that new tractor, brother! :)

I'm probably going to, my wife wants me to get it, but like a lot of people, I just HATE to spend money.

Of course I don't smoke, drink and dance the hoochie coo, so I don't spend much money anyway, so...

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #8  
I'm probably going to, my wife wants me to get it, but like a lot of people, I just HATE to spend money.

Of course I don't smoke, drink and dance the hoochie coo, so I don't spend much money anyway, so...

I'm the same way, no vises...

My wife just said "buy a back hoe, or some more tractor stuff, or trade for a larger tractor". :eek:

But I don't like spending money either and I basically already have what I want... :D

I'm the same way, no vises...

My wife just said "buy a back hoe, or some more tractor stuff, or trade for a larger tractor". :eek:

But I don't like spending money either and I basically already have what I want... :D

I sure know what you mean, I thought the M8540 was going to be our last tractor as the L5030 does everything asked of it and I am not much into buying something new just to have it. I keep my trucks and cars until they are worn completely out, 200,000+ miles. We also tend to get attached to our machinery and have some stuff that was bought new in the 50's; brothers still run them as I had to quit.

I passed on a backhoe as my brother has one out at our other farm that we just parked years ago. It is an older model and we don't need one much now that all our homes are built and when we need one, we just go rent one or a mini excavator and don't have to do the maintenance. My brother has an emotional attachment to the old backhoe as we used it with our dad or it would be gone.

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #10  
Have you price checked Barlow's in Ky ?
Also have the dealer or someone check to see if there are any "new /old stock tractors sitting around on a dealers lot that can be had for less money.