Buying Advice B3300SU

/ B3300SU #11  
The rotary mower is the only implement I have had height-holding issues with. I regularly carry/transport a Wallenstein BX42 PTO chipper, 425 pounds, and it does not sink at all. (The chipper, of course, is lowered to the ground before PTO is engaged.)

If you study Ken's web page he makes his case that "backing plates" are NOT needed with his installations. My hooks are installed on the (relatively) light B3300SU bucket WITHOUT backing plates, provided double washers only, and hooks work perfectly without distortion of the hooks nor distortion or damage to the bucket. Note that Ken does sell backing plates for customers who must have them for peace-of-mind. I have carried many tree trunks chained to the front bucket which would have tipped the tractor forward onto the bucket without the Wallenstein's 425 pounds counterbalancing on the 3-Pt with no hook or bucket distortion or deterioration.

Tractor normally works at 1000 rpm; with the Hydrostatic range selected (H-M-L) controlling speed over the ground. When I have some distance to move I advance the throttle (in High range) to 1500-2000 RPM to cruise at a fast jog. Cruise speed WITHOUT throttle advanced is 10 mph in High range on Hydrostatic transmission. No vibration complaints in either 1000 RPM nor 2000 RPM scenarios.

When the PTO is powering the Wallenstein chipper, or I am 'hogging with 48" King Kutter Rotary Mower, the tractor engine is running at 2300 rpm to power the PTO at 540 RPM; the attached implement is flailing violently and there is considerable vibration.....but no more than on any other tractor powering similar violent implements. Note: The standard seat is pretty "cushy" on the B3300.

The Kubota B3300SU is a good package and I have been happy with it. My unfortunate experience with thick brush flipping out the lock pin which led to $972.51 repair was BAD LUCK, but it could happen to you. I wish I had not spent extra for the quick-release bucket. I probably would not have experienced this bit of BAD LUCK.

/ B3300SU #12  
I also opted for the remote joystick for my fel, it is what is standard with the cab model. It is easier to use and not as distracting as the standard sticking up at the side of the steering console.View attachment 273579

I think the B3300 comes with the side mounted jot stick.

/ B3300SU
It seems like the 1/4" valve for the 3pt just takes a little getting used to and the chain limiters are a good solution to maintaining height with the 3pt. Kubota has been around a long time and so has the 1/4" valve on other B models like the very popular 7800, 7500, 3200, and others. I guess if it was a negative function, Kubota would have made a change in earlier models. Thank all of you for your inputs regarding that issue.

Yes, kuboman, the FEL control on the 3300SU is a side mounted joystick. I don't think there is an option on how it is mounted. Again, it's another feature that just takes getting used to.

I expected there would be some vibration when operating an implement like a rotary mower. I just don't want something that would vibrate from my toes through my teeth when the rpm's are elevated without an implement.

Jeff9366: I do like the bolt-on bucket hooks. I have seen some bucket edges that have been distorted from pulling lifting, and I thought it might be a good idea to reinforce the bucket's edge. From your experiences and information, I guess that concern has been soothed. Thank you for your other input as well. I would really like a Wallenstein chipper like yours. I can see it would be extremely useful cleaning up limbs. Your responses have been very helpful

Does anyone have any recommendation regarding tires, turf/R4/ag? I would be using the tractor on about 80 acres that is 95% wooded with a road that runs through it. It has other trails (undeveloped roads) here and there. I'm leaning towards R4's loaded.

/ B3300SU #14  
Mornign DEK! Was the offer for 4WD HST? The proce I am getting for the B3300SU with standard bucket is 17100.

/ B3300SU
The B3300SU is only available with 4WD. Yes, it was a great price. From other posts I've read here on TBN, pricing for tractors is a regional thing. If that is true and a dealer also factors in his thoughts on the price that might be affected by profit margin, volume, sales activity, etc., then there might be quite a difference in pricing from different dealers. At least that is my thinking. By the way, that was a cash price with no financing. That should make for about $1000+ difference between cash and financed. Ask your dealer if the price you were given is the cash or financed price. If it's financed, you should be able to get it for about $1000 less.

/ B3300SU #16  
I also have a B3300SU. Delivered on February 12, 2012. It is July 15, 2012, I have 90 hours on the clock.

I am considering buying either a B3300 or L3800. What did you pay for your B3300SU in Feb and what accessories you got with it?

/ B3300SU
I got the price in April, and it was $15.2K cash + tax. If I was going to finance, it would add $1K to the price. The tractor I priced included the FEL, R4 tires with Rim Guard, drawbar, and an engine heater. It was a great price.

/ B3300SU #18  
back in march i got a priced on an L3800 with fel 4x4 gear tranny 18.k if i were you i would look else where for a tractor you maybe able to get a lilttle bigger tractor for a few more bucks

/ B3300SU #19  
I took delivery of B3300SU in February 2012.
Accessories:
Industrial Tires
Quick Release Bucket
Drawbar
Cruise Control
Hydraulic Valve at 3-Pt.
Receive and fit PTO / Wallenstein BX42 PTO chipper
Install/Paint Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks (2)
$18,051
Would have been slightly cheaper had I paid cash.
Kubota markets ZERO interest but in fact there are various fees and rebate holdbacks that are costs to buyer.
Still, net finance fees are much less than CPI inflation of 3.3% in 2011.
In Florida agricultural equipment is sales tax exempt. Research sales tax exemption in your state.

If you have an implement to carry in your 3-Pt. you will not want to load the tires too.
My Wallenstein chipper is 425 pounds and compact and serves as counterbalance occasional times when I want to transport a very heavy load attached to the bucket, usually timber. Other common implement/counterbalances are box blades and (ballast boxes).

/ B3300SU
Jeff9366: You got a great price on your B3300SU with the accessories and the chipper attachment. Good for you. Great package you put together, especially with the chipper.

As far as loading the rear tires, I agree that it might be unnecessary if you have some attachment on the 3 pt to act as a counterweight. But if you don't think you want something on the 3 pt at all times, you should seriously consider loading the rear tires for stability and traction especially when you are using the FEL.

The tax exemption is certainly worth checking into. Depending on the sales tax rate per state, savings could be applied to another accessory or implement.