Buying Advice B3300SU

/ B3300SU #1  

DEK

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 641, Kubota L3200 HST, Kubota RTV X1120D
I'm considering buying a 2012 B3300SU with FEL, 60" bucket, R4's with RimGuard, drawbar, and engine heater for $15.2K. I really like the tractor, and I think it is a good price. The only hesitation I have is the 1/4" valve for the three point. I would prefer the position control. How easy is it to operate a 3 pt implement like a mower or plow with the 1/4" valve? Finally, how much of a problem has vibration been with higher rpms on this tractor? Thanks.

/ B3300SU #2  
That sounds like a really good price, especially if it includes the Rimguard. I really like the B3300.

Regarding the 1/4" valve, I've never operated one but from what I've read it wouldn't be any big deal. A few guys prefer them, some dislike them, and most seem to think they're fine. It wouldn't scare me away from one. If my needs had been just slightly different I totally would've bought one.

/ B3300SU #3  
I also have a B3300SU. Delivered on February 12, 2012. It is July 15, 2012, I have 90 hours on the clock.

I ordered OPTIONAL quick-release bucket. While working in thick brush lock pin securing left bucket pivot pin flipped out, allowing bucket pivot pin to work out, then cross braces between arms were distorted. Repair $972.50, I paid $250 deductible, Kubota insurance paid $722.51. Bucket lock pins have been replaced by machine screws with nuts. Rather wish I had stayed with standard-package FEL bucket.

RE: 1/4"-ing: I could not get 3-Pt to hold King Kutter 48" rotary mower ("bush hog") at precisely the level I wanted. Ran limit chains from ROPS support bracket down to front of mower, solving that problem. If you search TITLES, "ROTARY MOWER LIMIT CHAINS" my post will come up. Now mower maintains exact height I want, easily adjustable by moving chain in grab hooks link-by-link.

I am 64 years old and suffering some hearing loss, concentrated in the higher frequencies. I would not call the B3300SU LOUD but I wear ear plugs when operating tractor or operating my Kubota RTV500.

I bought the B3300SU because the Kubota dealer is just six miles from my home, because the package is a value, because I need a folding ROPS to store the tractor in my garage and because I work in trees a good bit so I need a compact, maneuverable tractor. I remain pleased with my B3300SU purchase decision.

I have 5/16" Ken's Bolt On Bucket Hooks in line with the FEL arms. I use chains in conjunction with these grab hooks every time the tractor is worked. See link:

Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_0327.JPG
    IMG_0327.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
   / B3300SU
Thanks for the informative reply. I was considering the quick release bucket, but your experience has given me second thoughts.

Your experience with the 1/4" valve and your 48" rotary mower is what I have read from others. I don't know how comfortable I will be resetting the height of an attachment each time I use it and especially having it "sag" while being used and needing to be adjusted. The height chains are a good fix but a little bothersome. I noticed by your photo that it looks like your toplink is connected lower on the mower bracket. Can it be pinned higher on the mower connection for the toplink? If so, that may be a parial reason for your mower dropping (more strain on lift arms to maintain height?). Just a thought.

I like the bolt-on hooks for the bucket. They make for an easier installation. I thought it might be a good idea to also use a piece of 3/8" or 1/2" flat stock the width of the bucket bolted between the bucket edge and the hooks to strengthen the bucket's edge. I'm thinking that might prevent a distortion of the edge if a chain was attached to a hook and a good strain is put on the hook. I've seen some buckets that have a bent top edge from attaching a chain to it to lift, pull, jerk, or whatever. Probably not a big expense or a difficult thing to do but maybe a good preventative measure with respect to maintaining the shape and structure of the bucket.

Since you did mention wearing hearing protection, I've got another concern. Some TBN members have talked about a vibration that is noticeable and annoying when the RPM's are elevated. I guess it was noticeable in the floorpan and the seat. I would imagine the rubber floor mat has helped, but it could be bothersome if it is felt in the seat. Have you had any experience with vibration when throttle is elevated?

Thanks for the valuable input.

/ B3300SU #5  
Here is picture of my B3030 (which I love) with reinforced top lip on bucket and three weld-on hooks.B3030 hooks.jpg

/ B3300SU #6  
Thanks for the informative reply. I was considering the quick release bucket, but your experience has given me second thoughts.
I too have the pin-on style quick attach on the loader on our B2910 .... never had a problem (in almost 1400 hours) with loosing hitchpin clips and pins backing out that I can recall .... but if I had it to do over again I would have gone with an SSQA style quick attach - seems to me that it requires much less effort to change equipment. Building one is on my list of things to do ....

However I'd rather have the Kubota pin-style quick attach than none at all ....

/ B3300SU
That's a great looking setup. Did you weld a piece os square stock under the lip and then weld the hooks? If so, it would be stronger than my suggestion. Great idea and looks good also. I guess a person could find someone that can weld and end up with a much more stable and reliable finished product. Thanks for the idea.

/ B3300SU #8  
My dealer welded the square stock and the hooks as part of our buyers agreement and it has worked very good. I allso have the quick-attach bucket (pins) and have had no problems. The skid steer type would be great (more attachment selections) but adds a lot of weight which drops capacity of front loader

/ B3300SU #9  
I also opted for the remote joystick for my fel, it is what is standard with the cab model. It is easier to use and not as distracting as the standard sticking up at the side of the steering console.joystick.jpg

/ B3300SU #10  
I sat on one and revved it up, had a lot less vibration than my old tractor. Best bet is to try one out for yourself.