Comparison kubota 5100mx

/ kubota 5100mx #1  

case245

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota 7040sud
IS the kubota 5100mx based on an L series frame or is it based on an M SERIES FRAME THE DEALER TOLD ME TRACTORS A MIXES ON BOTH THE M AND THE L SERIES BUT HE DIDNT TELL ME IT THE FRAMES AN L SERIES FRAME OR AN M SERIES FRAME I WAS THINKING IT HAS AN L SERIES FRAME I COULD BE WRONG

/ kubota 5100mx #2  
Here we go again... :rolleyes:

Closer to a Grand L, than a Basic L... Look at the weight specs.

MX series is on MX chassis...

Last edited:
   / kubota 5100mx
BLUEGILL2 WATEVER I GOT THOUSAND OF HRS ON A TRACTOR CAT 943B CASE 580B

/ kubota 5100mx #4  
My comment was based on all your other threads that appeared to be train wrecks.

Anyway, look at the weight specs. The MX5100 is 1100 lbs heavier than a L3800.

Also, the L4600 is built on a Grand L chassis...

The L2800, 3200, 3400, 3800 are basic L series.

/ kubota 5100mx #5  
It's basically the same as my L4610 if I remember correctly. No more lift capacity both front and rear. I haven't compared measurements but it's a lot closer to an L and much less capable than a true M.

/ kubota 5100mx #6  
5E vs MX 1.jpg5E vs MX 2.jpg5E vs MX 3.jpg5E vs MX 4.jpg5E vs MX 5.jpgThe MX is definitely not built on the M frame - whether it is on an L or a Grand L I dont know, but from the specs it looks like it is the Grand L. Attached are some photos of the MX5100 and John Deere 5055E which is assuredly a true Utility Tractor.

/ kubota 5100mx #7  
The MX is definitely not built on the M frame - whether it is on an L or a Grand L I dont know, but from the specs it looks like it is the Grand L. Attached are some photos of the MX5100 and John Deere 5055E which is assuredly a true Utility Tractor.

What's the price difference???

The JD is much larger, but I like the looks of it! Some will find the compactness of the Kubota in that size range more useful, others not so much...

/ kubota 5100mx #8  
Case245, have you looked at that Deere. It was bigger than I needed, but a nice tractor. The price was reasonable, if I remember correctly.

Bill

/ kubota 5100mx #9  
I looked at the JD 5055E and the biggest reason I went with the Kubota was the price and the Hydro, I do more loader work than I do PTO. I wish I had the wieght and loader capacity of the JD though