Buying Advice Lawn Sweepers/Vacs

/ Lawn Sweepers/Vacs #1  

schmellba99

Tractor
Kubota B2410
I have a B2410 with a pull behind finishing mower. Everything is absolutely awesome about it, except the grass clippings left behind because I just can't keep up with the growth down here on the Texas gulf coast right now.

What I'm looking fo is some means of removing said clippings, either the same day or a day or so later, so that I can transport them to the back for a compost pile.

Not having a MMM, it seems that most of the vac and/or 3 point systems aren't available to me as a result. I've looked at lawn sweepers, but it seems that there are a couple of issues with those as well:

1. Most lawn sweepers are designed for lawn tractors/riding lawn mowers, not compact tractors. Not sure how one would really work on a lager machine.
2. Brinley seems to be the best brand available without having to sell a kidney as most others use plastic gears and are generally crap.

Here's my question - you guys are most likely far more experienced with tractors and implements than I am. Short of buying a mini baler (which are cool as ****, by the way), what would be some good options one can research for grass clipping removal on a couple of acres? I'm not expecting 100% removal, but surely there is something out there that would keep my front lawn from looking like the hay field across the street right after they hit it with the rakes.....

/ Lawn Sweepers/Vacs #2  
I have the Brinley and it works way better than I expected it to. I used to pull it with my B, but now I pull it with an ATV as it's easier to maneuver. Have to watch the ground speed though. Would definitely buy it again.

/ Lawn Sweepers/Vacs
I like the price of the Brinly's, but have concerns about pulling it behind the tractor - they don't appear to have much of a tounge on their draw bar. Did you have problems when going in reverse at all? I'd be afraid that jacknifing this thing would result in a $300 pile of metal wrapped around a tire.

/ Lawn Sweepers/Vacs #4  
I like the price of the Brinly's, but have concerns about pulling it behind the tractor - they don't appear to have much of a tounge on their draw bar. Did you have problems when going in reverse at all? I'd be afraid that jacknifing this thing would result in a $300 pile of metal wrapped around a tire.

I used a cross drawbar from tractor supply on the 3pt, not the factory hitch, to pull it. I also have a drawbar stabilizer which keeps it from rotating. I would definitely advise against backing up with it. The Brinley hitch has plenty of height adjustments to accommodate different tractors. I use a 6" drop hitch on the ATV with it.

/ Lawn Sweepers/Vacs
Interesting - I appreciate the advice and will devinitely be looking into this same type of setup. I need to do something.