Price Check Kubota MX 4700 Price Check

/ Kubota MX 4700 Price Check #1  

pete8576

I was at a Dealership today in MS and was quoted a price of $25,000.00 for a MX 4700 with R-4 tires, telescopic lower link ends, LA 844 Loader and 4 wheel drive with HST. I'd like to know what others are paying as a comparison.
I'd also like to know what others think of the MX 4700. I know that the MX 5100 has a little more power but I'm not to keen on turbochargers. Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Pete

/ Kubota MX 4700 Price Check #2  
That price seems pretty good considering the new increase, Payed $24,500 for mine, then another 8600 for the BH92 Backhoe, I have 18hrs on it now. it's got plenty of power but I don't use the PTO and thats where the extra 4 horses from the MX5100 would be a benefit, other than that the MX4700 is a great dirt machine for me. it is very stout to, I just pulled in some big white oak logs this afternoon with no struggle what so ever..I only run it no higher than 2000rpm and it seems to do very well, if you run with more throttle it will drink more fuel but everybody has said that, it does have a smaller tank than other tractor this size.
The loader is a beast!! get the quick attach frt bucket if you can, well worth the money. do I regret making the choice going with the MX4700= not one iota, love it..
If you are going to do a lot of PTO work like bush hogging, finish mowing, baling hay -stuff that will need that little bit more high rpm power, the 1400.00 more for the MX5100 would be the worth it, but if not than no keep the money in your pocket and buy another implement, thats what I did.. i3gPictures 001.jpg

/ Kubota MX 4700 Price Check
Wildcatblue,
Thanks for your response. I forgot to mention that the quoted price includes the quick attach bucket on the FEL. I do some mowing and light bush hog work. I'll be calling the Dealer tomorrow and see if he will shave a little more off the price. Either way I'm probably going to take the plunge and get the 4700.

Pete

/ Kubota MX 4700 Price Check #4  
I bought a 5100, loader, HD bucket, quick detach, rear work light, rear remote, r4's loaded, delivered, 27400. Having the turbo is really not an issue, don't let it worry you. A lot of heavy eqpt has them and they are VERY rarely an issue. Not mearning the 4700
Is not a great tractor but I find the few extra hp is nice!
Good luck

/ Kubota MX 4700 Price Check #5  
One other thing I forgot to mention is Kubota has this bone head idea of not suppling a handle on the right side fender for the MX4700, which i found out is very needed when your looking backwards and on slopes. I purchaced one a week later for $38.00
if your dealer won't shave anymore off the price have them at least throw in the handle for the right fender to sweeten the deal.
good luck..

/ Kubota MX 4700 Price Check #6  
The MX4700 is a nice rig and will use less fuel than the 5100...

/ Kubota MX 4700 Price Check #7  
The MX4700 and 5100 are really good values and it sounds like your 4700 is pretty comparably equipped to the 5100, so given your needs/wants I would go with it.

Just FWIW, my experience is the same as that of Code54, both my primary tractors, L5740 and M8540 have turbos and it's not an issue for me at least.

/ Kubota MX 4700 Price Check #8  
1st off the turbo is a non issue at all on the tractor.you do not have any major probs running or maintaining a turbo.an tobe honest with you i would not buy a tractor without a turbo for a few reasons.turbos are more fuel efficent they boost your power when you need that extra kick.plus you get an extra 4hp boost.

/ Kubota MX 4700 Price Check #9  
I would say about the turbo issue is yes it generates more power but only on mid range to the upper RPM scale, I would have loved to have the 5100 over the 4700 but 4 horses just didn't seem to sway me in that direction for 1400 bucks. Now if Kubota had a CAC installed on the 5100 I would have got it no dout about it. without a CAC running at operating temp the turbo makes a lot of hot air on the intake side so when this happens the turbo is less of an advantage than what it is capable of producing, the boost pressure is the same but colder air is more dence so the combustion puts out more power so to speak. most all diesels now come with a CAC.
This is why they are only gaining 4 horses with the set up on the 5100, I believe they could get better somewhere in the 6 to 8 range if they had a CAC.

/ Kubota MX 4700 Price Check #10  
The turbo is used for emissions purposes. The injection timing is so out of whack for better emissions that they need the turbo to get the power back.