ZD21 Zero Turn Mowers

/ ZD21 Zero Turn Mowers
Re: ZD Zero Turn Mowers

That's the same blade speed as the stamped deck!! Is the pro deck really a big advantage? Or a marketing gimmick?

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ ZD21 Zero Turn Mowers #22  

Customers who have owned both like the Pro deck better. The commercial cutters prefer fabricated decks over stamped (perception of strength and cutting ability I suppose) so Kubota introduced the Pro deck to penetrate that market more. But in one of my earlier descriptions of the Pro, there are definite feature advantages. But most of our sales are to homeowners who will like either one.

/ ZD21 Zero Turn Mowers #23  

ktcmah,Thanks for the info. I haven't had the time to get by the Dealership,looks like Kubota is using the same gearbox and pulley configuration as on the previous deck...I'm afraid I'm catching the "upgrade bug" the ZD with or without the new deck looks to me like a great mowing machine...

I have the suspension seat on our L4610 and its good ride,to have a comparable seat on a lawn mower is a big asset in my book.

/ ZD21 Zero Turn Mowers

I finally did it!!!

Today, I trade my 2002 ZD21 60" stamped deck for a brand new ZD21 60" with pro deck. I traded for $1100.00 which I thought was a fair deal.

I think the value of the stamped deck machines were not going to hold as well as the pro deck machines. Based upon that reasoning and the advanateges of the pro deck as described here in this forum, I decided to trade.

Hopefully next week I will try it and let everyone know my opinion of the pro dek vs stamped deck.

Thanks for everyone's comments!!

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ ZD21 Zero Turn Mowers #25  

I'm asking you to please keep the reviews "toned down" a little bit,I'm really fighting the urge to go shopping!!!!

Good luck with your second ZD,I'm going to try to hold off until next year,then I will get serious!!!

/ ZD21 Zero Turn Mowers

Just go ahead and "do it"!!! It's only money!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jon