Looking for buying advice: BX2660 / B2320 / Other?

/ Looking for buying advice: BX2660 / B2320 / Other? #1  

marcusone

Tractor
M7040
Main Features/Uses:
- Must be dead simple to use (I have an M7040 and its too complicated for most of my staff - long story, not really relevant to this topic).
- Under $14,000
- Ability to tow light trailers (3-4,000lbs max), short distances (from bar or 3PT hitch).
- Grass cutting (not mandatory, but if I get one of the B series, might as well get the 60" deck for cutting larger areas and just use my 46" deck mower for around buildings).
- Front end loader if kept under budget (nice to have, must be able to lift 600lbs).

Towing will be its daily function. Small utility trailer/dump trailer.

Thanks for your input.

/ Looking for buying advice: BX2660 / B2320 / Other? #2  
Between the two tractors you mentioned, the B would be the choice. Having said that, your towing needs may be too much for the 2320. Ithink the towing rating for my B 2620 is about 22oolbs, although I am sure it would be capable of more for short distances on flat terrian.

Will

/ Looking for buying advice: BX2660 / B2320 / Other? #3  
Main Features/Uses:
- Must be dead simple to use (I have an M7040 and its too complicated for most of my staff - long story, not really relevant to this topic).
- Under $14,000
- Ability to tow light trailers (3-4,000lbs max), short distances (from bar or 3PT hitch).
- Grass cutting (not mandatory, but if I get one of the B series, might as well get the 60" deck for cutting larger areas and just use my 46" deck mower for around buildings).
- Front end loader if kept under budget (nice to have, must be able to lift 600lbs).

Towing will be its daily function. Small utility trailer/dump trailer.

Thanks for your input.

Marcusone,
I have a BX2660 with turf tires, no FEL, MMM 60", as well as a B2320 with R4's, FEL, and MMM 60" and although I consider the BX2660 the most manuverable tractor style mower I have ever used, the B series units would be my preference for almost everything else. The B series units do a good job mowing also but the BX is better in tight quarters. Both are great tractors and a credit to their grandfather, my "old original" L245, which I have owned since 1980. I hope you find something that does a good job for you!

/ Looking for buying advice: BX2660 / B2320 / Other?
Thanks... I think I've decided on the B series (heavier/stronger, and since its primary function won't be grass, don't mind the extra weight). Now I just need to decide if the price difference of the 2620 over the 2320 is worth it. I'm thinking long term I'll be happier (more hp for larger FEL capabilities and PTO attachment options). Currently I've got quotes that are just +$1,200 for the 2620 similarly "loaded" as the 2320.

/ Looking for buying advice: BX2660 / B2320 / Other? #5  
I believe the FEL has greater lifting capacity on the B2620 and is also a heavier tractor so would benefit in pulling a trailer.

/ Looking for buying advice: BX2660 / B2320 / Other? #6  
2620 is wider and bigger, with heavier front loader standard. But don't stop there! For another $700 or so you can max out at the 2920, which will be important if you want to run PTO implements that benefit from added horsepower.

/ Looking for buying advice: BX2660 / B2320 / Other?
2620 is wider and bigger, with heavier front loader standard. But don't stop there! For another $700 or so you can max out at the 2920, which will be important if you want to run PTO implements that benefit from added horsepower.

Well, I have to stop somewhere so that I can afford implements :)
Most of my reading seems to suggest that the 2620 is the "sweet" spot for the B range tractors (most versatile without completely breaking the budget).

/ Looking for buying advice: BX2660 / B2320 / Other? #8  
Yeah, I do think the 2620 is a good option for the most part.

/ Looking for buying advice: BX2660 / B2320 / Other? #9  
I agree about the 2620 being the sweet spot. The 2920 does give 3 extra horsepower, but I have found that my 2620 reaches its limits with 3 point lift capacity and balance, while having plenty of power for my uses. The 2920 has the same limitations-the tractors are identical in this respect.

Will

/ Looking for buying advice: BX2660 / B2320 / Other? #10  
The main advantage of the 2920 is if you need the extra PTO horsepower.