BX2360 pricing and tiller questions

/ BX2360 pricing and tiller questions #1  

vhensler

Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Hello,

I've been reading the forums now for a couple months, been out driving the SCUT's from John Deere and Kubota numerous times and have made my decision to go with the BX2360. I'm planning to make a purchase here soon and had a couple questions. I've been quoted $14,200 before tax for the tractor, loader, 60" mower and loaded tires. Does this seem in check, its right around 11% off Kubota's build price on the web. This also includes free delivery and free pickup/delivery during the warranty period for anything warranty related. I found this to be great peace of mind, and this dealer was the only to provide it. I've been debating adding a tiller into the mix, do the addition of implements help with negotiations? This will be my first tractor purchase so dealing with them is new to me.

For tillers, I've talked to one dealer and they pointed me towards the RTR0550, but after reading I have some concerns with it and rocks. I started tilling my garden this year with a walk behind tiller and I found a good many rocks. Most were what I'd consider small, ranging from golf ball to baseball size, but there were some larger ones as well. As I expand I'm sure I'll uncover more. Would the reverse tiller be bad if I'm kicking up tons of small rocks as well as softball to football sized rocks, or would the slip clutch keep everything safe? The fear is the next size up tiller, RTA10 series, is where you can get the forward tiller and I wasn't sure if that would be too heavy. At least with that I've read it would bounce and kick out most large rocks. With the reverse I'll keep clearing the rocks as they come, but I was just afraid I'd destroy it.

Any comments/suggestions will be appreciated. This forum has been a great resource thus far!

Thanks a lot

/ BX2360 pricing and tiller questions #2  
I think 11% off a bx is good. A slip clutch will protect the tractor and tiller. I don't have any experience with a tiller on a bx and am not sure which one would be the best. You will want at a 48" to cut the tire tracks. The owners manual recommends a 42'' tiller at 375lbs. What kind of tires are you getting? You can get a grill guard on ebay $100, thats cheaper than what the dealer can them them for.

Last edited:
   / BX2360 pricing and tiller questions
Tires have been one of my long debates. I was at first thinking the industrial tires, but after reading I've talked myself into turfs. My primary objective in this purchase is mowing 2.5 acres of grass, plowing snow on a 100' paved drive and tilling will be secondary. I thought with turfs I'll be good to go on the mowing aspect, and from what I've read they are not horrible in snow, and I'd always have the ability to chain them up if traction becomes an issue. I haven't been able to find much info as to how they work in the dirt, but again I thought if need be chains might help there too. The tires will be filled with Rim Guard so I'll have some weight to help with traction. I've seen used ballast boxes pop up on the classifieds, so I haven't decided if I'd actually buy a new one, wait for used, or find something else to help with weight.

I've seen the grill guards on Ebay, which that was another thing I wasn't sure if I could talk the dealer into adding into the price set. I was also thinking about the arm rest kit, which is around $100 as well.

/ BX2360 pricing and tiller questions #4  
We run an RTR0550 behind our BX2660 and it has worked well, but we have no rocks. The slip clutch will protect your tractor. I honestly don't know if you would be better off with a 10 Series or not.

We had bar tires on our first BX with Industrial tires on our 2660. Our dealer recommends Industrial tires on the loader equipped BX, but offers to swap to turf or bar if you find you don't like them, or did when we bought ours, we kept them. The tire debate is a never ending one, so go with what you want and your logic seems sound.

Good luck, these are really reliable little tractors.

/ BX2360 pricing and tiller questions #5  
I went with industrial tires. I got the bx to primarily to mow with. I also use a scraper blade and box blade on it for smaller projects. I also plan on using it in the woods and are less resistant to getting snagged. That's why I went with industrial tires. I know on a lawn mower with turfs you need chains in the snow. Tirechain.com is a good place for chains.

/ BX2360 pricing and tiller questions #6  
I have a 2660 and a Kubota B40 C tiller. I have pretty good soil but it is a voyage of discovery every time I go over a new section of ground with the tiller. I did break a shear pin once when I barked up about a 6" roundie that just perfectly fit in...but not out. The shear pin did its job and I've had no further issues. Generally when you hit rocks the tiller will bounce and generally let you know it is not happy. you get used to being ready to stop/raise the tiller in these situations. Just go slow over new ground.

I do not have loaded tires on my BX. It does well on the lawn mowing, but I do wonder if the loading will be tough on the lawn mowing, tending to chew up the grass.

/ BX2360 pricing and tiller questions
I've read conflicting stories regarding the industrial tires and snow traction. Do any of you use your BX with industrials to plow snow?

/ BX2360 pricing and tiller questions #8  
I've read conflicting stories regarding the industrial tires and snow traction. Do any of you use your BX with industrials to plow snow?

I think any tires with chains would do the job. What about backhoes and skid steers, they have industrial tires and plow snow.

/ BX2360 pricing and tiller questions #9  
The turf tires on my BX2660 worked well in the big 12 inch snows of 2009. The FEL and 5ft RB made a balance such that no chains were needed. As for mowing, you can't beat the BX2660 with turfs without loaded tires even on pretty steep slopes. At least that was my experience. Mike

/ BX2360 pricing and tiller questions #10  
Hi,
I bought a BX2360 about two years ago. It was equipped with FEL and 60" MMM and turf tires which were not loaded for $14000.00. Your deal sound fair to me.