New tractor

/ New tractor #11  
All motors are going to have some vibration, esecially a small diesel.
3 cylinders engine have more vibration than 4 cylinder engines in my experience. The 4 cylinder engines in the GrandL have twin balance shafts installed, very smooth.

You could run a rear finish mower and a loader mounted snowblade.
Similar to what I do, works well.

A grand l would be really heavy (6000lbs) for mowing your yard.
I mow my yard around the house with a lawn mower. I use my GrandL to mow the outer grass areas. L3940 turf tires and rfm, does a great job, not too heavy, does not leave tire marks. Plus, turf tires are great in snow.

Philip

Attachments

• DSCN0102.jpg
    DSCN0102.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 468
   / New tractor #12  
I've has a B-Series for about 7years. It's been a trouble-free tractor but if I could do it over I would have purchased a smaller-sized L-Series tractor instead. The stronger frame along with stouter hydraulics would have been a blessing. I use my B for tilling a garden and mowing outer ereas. Also, I do not like the mid-mount mower set-up. I am going to sell my mid-mount Kubota deck and buy a high-quality rear mount finish mower. Don't try to skimp or get by with barely enough power and size. It'll be cheaper in the long run to get all the tractor you need the first time. Last of all, the HST was worth every penny. No way would I want to do all the mowing I have to do with anything else.

/ New tractor #13  
3 cylinders engine have more vibration than 4 cylinder engines in my experience. The 4 cylinder engines in the GrandL have twin balance shafts installed, very smooth.

Similar to what I do, works well.

I mow my yard around the house with a lawn mower. I use my GrandL to mow the outer grass areas. L3940 turf tires and rfm, does a great job, not too heavy, does not leave tire marks. Plus, turf tires are great in snow.

Philip

Yes a 4 cylinder is smoother than a 3 cylinder.

/ New tractor #14  
I owned the B3200 TLB along with a BX23TLB with a mmm, they are as Philip said a PITA!A woods 72" RFM is what I have now on my L3540 with R4's and no issues with lawn, but of course some simple rules are followed , no mowing when wet , no sharp turns , no different then with my Garden Tractor. I never had an issue with the B3200, but I'm so glad I traded up to the Grand L 3540. Hope this helps?
DevilDog

/ New tractor #15  
A mid pto on a 3420 retails for $377. You can build tractors on kubotas website. Build My Kubota - Product Selection I have 4240 and love it. What do you plan on doing with your tractor?

i never had vibations on the 3 cycl case i used to ran its was an 60.0 cu in if the smaller kubotas vibations problems am L series or a small case ih compact i had a case245 we put 10k+ hrs on it no engine problems

/ New tractor #16  
i never had vibations on the 3 cycl case i used to ran its was an 60.0 cu in if the smaller kubotas vibations problems am L series or a small case ih compact i had a case245 we put 10k+ hrs on it no engine problems
What I was trying to say is a 4 cylinder diesel will usually run smoother than a 3 cylinder. Just like in a car a V8 is smoother than a 4 cylinder. A 4 cylinder fires every 90* and a 3 cylinder fires every 120*.

/ New tractor
I've has a B-Series for about 7years. It's been a trouble-free tractor but if I could do it over I would have purchased a smaller-sized L-Series tractor instead. The stronger frame along with stouter hydraulics would have been a blessing. I use my B for tilling a garden and mowing outer ereas. Also, I do not like the mid-mount mower set-up. I am going to sell my mid-mount Kubota deck and buy a high-quality rear mount finish mower. Don't try to skimp or get by with barely enough power and size. It'll be cheaper in the long run to get all the tractor you need the first time. Last of all, the HST was worth every penny. No way would I want to do all the mowing I have to do with anything else.

That's the idea is to buy a tractor that I won't outgrow unless I win the lottery. If I understand correctly you can have the mid pto installed later on on a gl? And it can't be installed on the l series? The fel lifting ability is one thing that makes me like the l series tractors.

/ New tractor #18  
I am not sure about the mid pto on the Ls. Really, if I had a nice RFM I would never use to mid-pto. I suppose it would be handy running a snow-thrower but I live in NC so that's a non issue here.

/ New tractor #19  
I have the B3200 (11 months and 100 hours) and it is the perfect tractor for my needs. I wanted the mid PTO for possible future needs, but I will likely never use it as I have the rear snowblower and I don't mow with it. As this is my first tractor I didn't want to regret not having the future option somewhat like the OP.

Vibration - a little at certain revs but I found the 3200 I drove at the dealer smoother than the smaller 3 cylinder b's I looked at. I also looked at the L3200 but found it too large physically. I use my tractor maintaining ski trails on my property and anything bigger would not be maneuverable enough. A few well placed grommets on the FEL removed most of the rattles from the pins which was the most noticeable aspect of the minor vibration

If you have the budget and the physical size is not a problem you may be better with the larger machine. Remember the bigger machine will need wider implements to cover it's tracks.

Here's mine - Stewie

image-4007374676.jpg

/ New tractor
I'm looking at the mid pto for future use also. I don't need it now but who knows what ones situation is years from now. For a couple of dollars more it might be worth it. I was thinking the L3800 but I here about all the jerky TPH stories. Havin used a machine in the past with a jerky three point I'd like to avoid it if possible. I could talk myself out of the mid but the TPH concerns me. Trying to get close on a price for a 3240 or 3540.

Does anyone know how far barlows delivers to? I haven't been able to get through by phone or email to those guys.

Thanks all