New tractor

/ New tractor #21  
There have been some complaints about vibration on some B3200s. I don't recall any recent complaints though. I'd say from reading here, overwhelmingly, owners of B3200s are happy with them. The problem seemed to be with fuel timing to get the engines to meet emissions requirements. I assume Kubota has addressed the problem. If you felt vibration was an issue, I'm confident your dealer could cure the problem for you.

The regular L series tractors do not have a mid-pto option. Only the Grand Ls do.

/ New tractor #22  
Does anyone know how far barlows delivers to?

ST98,

I am almost certain Barlow delivers to where you are. They delivered to me in Texas. Someone on here in western NY got a tractor from Barlows a little while back. I would highly recommend trying out both tractors you are interested in. I was shopping between the B3300SU and the L's (3200/3800). I liked the stronger hydraulics and lift/ reach of the loader on the L. I think as mentioned all tractors have vibrations. The B3300 I tested out had the vibration that is mentioned on this forum. It would not keep me from buying one, but it was noticeable. I think I just prefer the vibration of the 3 cyl's. Buy more tractor than you think you would need, they will shrink as you use them. I have the L3800 on a 2.25 acre place and I am glad I bought it. I came from having 10.5 acres of hills and woods in WNY and would want something bigger, like I had, if I was to have something like that to maintain again. Good luck and happy tractor shopping.

Last edited:
   / New tractor
How was your experience with Barlows? Any issues with getting your tractor serviced locally after purchasing out of state? I'd love to buy locally from my dealer but he's a good 4 thousand more then some other places.

/ New tractor #24  
How was your experience with Barlows? Any issues with getting your tractor serviced locally after purchasing out of state? I'd love to buy locally from my dealer but he's a good 4 thousand more then some other places.

ST98,

I ran into the same pricing problem as you. Three different local dealers all were way too high in price from what I had figured would be a fair price. Tried another dealer a few hours away that had pretty good pricing. I then tried Barlows and the 1st price he emailed me back looked like what I wanted to spend. Brady was a pleasure to work with and everything went very smooth. I was traveling alot for work when it was time for delivery, so Brady had it delivered over the weekend when I was home. Sunday morning at 9 am. That's customer service!!!!! I pick up oil, filters, and paint locally, even though the local dealers are high on this stuff as well. As far as service, I do not plan to ever have the tractor to a dealer. I service everything myself, so hopefully I will not need to cross that bridge. I do not think it would be a problem if you ever needed to and a good dealer would take care of you, even if you did not buy from them. Similar to a car dealership. Buying out of state will also save you from paying tax, which may be a benefit, unless you are tax exempt anyway. I know for me the savings from Barlow's price and tax was quite significant. Have fun.

/ New tractor
I called Barlows today to see what there price is and I forgot to have them email it to me. I must not told them the right stuff or they really are fair. I dunno but I'll give them a call back tomorrow. If it was correct he beats the my local dealer by over 5,000.

Last edited:
   / New tractor #26  
my local dealers are like that to all 3 of them i went 75 miles one way to buy a tractor

/ New tractor
My local dealer will only give 700 on the rebate where everywhere else gives a 1000.

Last edited:
   / New tractor #28  
My take on the mid PTO is to add it in. You could find that the dealer will install it for free and give you it at the same discount price as the tractor. Not sure how much snow you get but if you get lots or have a long driveway to blow you will get tired of the rear mount blower quickly.

/ New tractor
Looks like I'm going with the 3540. The wife thinks it's to big so I'll be getting it for sure. Just need to locate some implements now. Tiller and a auger and maybe a corn planter. Anyone know of decent corn planter companies for a compact tractor? I have access to a four row but I'm thinking one or two row. Thanks for all your help.

/ New tractor #30  
I have an L3540, actually downsized to it from an L4300. It is a great tractor and you're going to love it. Are you getting the LA724 loader? If not we will talk you into it :D