New tractor

/ New tractor #1  

ST98

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3540
Hello all,

I'm looking at purchasing a new bota. I was thinking a B3200 but I've heard a few things about excessive engine vibration on them. Of course that concerns me. Do any 3200 owner know of this or is this bota legend of tractors past? The mid PTO is a must for me or I would jump right into the L series. So that would leave me with the gl series but I'm not sure how much the mid pto option is. My dealership wasnt real helpful about the 3240, maybe cause none were on the lot. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

/ New tractor #3  
I have a L3240HST and I do not notice any vibrations, but then again I don't have a mid pto. One of my local dealers said it would cost around $500-600 to install a mid pto on mine. Take a look in the private party ads at the bottom of TBN home page, I have mine for sale. I just want a larger tractor.

/ New tractor
I've only heard of vibrations in the b3200 not the L's. It'd be used for fel, back hoe, tiller, snow removal and maybe some brush hog work around the property. Unlike everything else I've done I'd like to by the right piece of equipment just once.

/ New tractor #5  
My first new tractor was a 2009 b3200. Yes, It did vibrate, but I really only noticed it when I would "think" about it; meaning that while working and concentrating on the task at hand it never bothered me. I did end up trading it for a gl3240, but not due to vibration issues.

/ New tractor
My first new tractor was a 2009 b3200. Yes, It did vibrate, but I really only noticed it when I would "think" about it; meaning that while working and concentrating on the task at hand it never bothered me. I did end up trading it for a gl3240, but not due to vibration issues.

If I may ask why did you trade?

Thanks

/ New tractor #7  
I've only heard of vibrations in the b3200 not the L's. It'd be used for fel, back hoe, tiller, snow removal and maybe some brush hog work around the property. Unlike everything else I've done I'd like to by the right piece of equipment just once.

Why do you need the mid pto? Front mount snow blower? You can also use rear mount snowblower or just front mounted blade, no mid pto required. Philip.

/ New tractor
May want to use a mower or snow blower in the future. Also I'd rather have it on and not need it versus needing it and not having the right tractor. I'd like to buy only one tractor.

/ New tractor #9  
May want to use a mower or snow blower in the future. Also I'd rather have it on and not need it versus needing it and not having the right tractor. I'd like to buy only one tractor.
My opinion and experience, mid-mount-mowers are a pita, unless you do allot of trimming and plan to leave it on there most the time, which is not ideal for fel, back hoe, tiller, and bush hog work. Go with a 3-point rear mount finish mower, same results, much easier to take on and off. Front blowers are very nice, but very expensive. Have you priced the sub-frame, blower, and controls yet? Philip.

/ New tractor #10  
All motors are going to have some vibration, esecially a small diesel. One thing I do not like about the b series is no skid steer quick attach on the fel. A mid pto will reduce ground clerance. You could run a rear finish mower and a loader mounted snowblade, then a l would be a option. A grand l would be really heavy (6000lbs) for mowing your yard. If you are going to be doing much rough cut mowing I think you would be happier with a l sized tractor over a b sized tractor.