Should I be concerned?

/ Should I be concerned? #1  

ka41

Silver Member
Tractor
2009 L5240HST
There is a dealer that is several hundred miles from me that has a tractor that I'm interested in. From the pictures it looks very clean, almost too clean. It has around 250 hours and its listed as a 2010 model but its a HST-1 according to the serial number. One thing that has me puzzled is on one side of the tractor I see the "HST" decal on the fender but it is missing from the other side. I asked if the tractor has been painted and they tell me no. I will talk to them some more tomorrow and try and get more background info.

/ Should I be concerned? #2  
What is there to be concerned about?

I've seen a number of late model tractors that looked brand new. Most dealers know how to clean em up real good. :)

/ Should I be concerned? #3  
Our 2003 L5030 with 735 hours looked almost new when we bought it in 2010 and didn't look any different when we traded it in last month with about 1300 hours on it. It was in excellent condition, kept in the barn and well maintained. It's already been sold.

/ Should I be concerned?
What I'm concerned about is the fact that it's missing a hst decal. Maybe
just paranoid.

/ Should I be concerned? #5  
My (new) Kubota has an HST decal on one side and a 4WD decal on the other side. Does not have two HST decals.

Are you sure that tractor is supposed to have two HST decals?

/ Should I be concerned? #6  
My L5740 HSTC has HST on both rear fenders.

Before the guy bought my used L5030 HSTC, he got my number from the dealer and spoke with me about to check on any problems. You might try that.

/ Should I be concerned?
My current L3240 has HST on both sides and every other one that I have looked at that was hydro has them on both fenders as well. Hopefully I can get it cleared up tomorrow.

/ Should I be concerned? #8  
What tractor are you looking at? My L3940 has HST on both rear fenders. It is a 2009 -1 series. Is the dealer calling it a -3? Philip.

/ Should I be concerned? #9  
Just check it out. Eyeball the paint at an angle, accordingly. My Kubota, cleans up like new except for the FEL.

/ Should I be concerned? #10  
They come with HST decals on both fenders. I have seem decals come off. We just sold a B26TLB and having to replace half a dozen decals due to them crazin or starting to peel off. This is a new tractor.