New MX5100

/ New MX5100 #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
001.JPG003.JPG004.JPG011.JPG

After kicking it around for a while, a chance encounter with the dealer led to my buying a unit that had been demo'd at a county fair for all of five hours. It's a gear drive MX5100 with R-1 ag tires, rear remotes and a set of front weights. It is what I need in that it is light but has 50 HP and a tight turning radius. I ordered two more front weighs and a draft control kit I can install myself.

Presently, I have an L4300 gear drive with R-1's and while it is great it is not quite enough horsepower and the front end end is too light. The MX should solve these issues and the L4300 will go up for sale.

In comparison, the rear of the MX5100 and the L4300 are the same but the front axles are definately different with the MX lots beefier. It also has a protection shield around the tie rods. The fuel tank is bigger, which is an issue with the L4300 and the MX has key shut-off. I like the cupholder on the MX and the the partially syncro transmission is nice. The toolbox is in a better location and the tires are 14.9x26 as opposed to 14.9 x24 on the L4300. I have not used it yet but am anxious to so I'll keep the comparison review going if anyone wants it.

Here's a couple photos. It's a typical MX but there is a shot of the front weights, a view showing the rear remotes and the required other shots. Kubotas are really great tractors and if you treat them half-decent they seem to want to run forever.

/ New MX5100 #2  
Congratulations, great looking tractor.

/ New MX5100 #3  
Congratulations, I really like the MX5100, it is a real value with some pretty nice features plus they just look good, I saw one at the dealer today.

/ New MX5100 #4  
enjoy your new mx5100.she sure is pretty.

/ New MX5100 #6  
Congrats on the new MX5100! :thumbsup:

/ New MX5100 #8  
That's a nice looking tractor. It looks real tough with the suitcase weights and ag's.

/ New MX5100 #9  
Congrats SixDogs. You will have enjoy that MX