Kubota or Century

/ Kubota or Century #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
I'm comparing the Kubota L3830 to the Century 2535. Both are 4X4 with no extra features or attachments.

The Kubota price is $15,050 with GST and the Century is $10,900 with synchro shuttle shift.

Both match up very closely to each other in the charts, 32 or 31 PTO hp, 12 speeds and similar warrentees and parts availability. Kubota parts are in Ft. Worth and Century is in Houston. 3 hours or 4 hours from me.

The only reall differences I could see in the charts are;

1) PTO speeds. Century is 540 and 1,000, Kubota is only 540
2) Hydrolics. Century is 8.9gpm, Kubota is 8.3
3) Hydrolics lifting force. Century is 2,580, Kubota is 2,760
4) Ground Clearance. Century is 11 in. Kubota is 14.8 in
5) Weight. Century is 3,640 lbs, Kubota is 3,275

My personal observations find the following differences:

1) Fuel tank is on the side of the Century waist level for easy fueling, Kubota is on the hood.
2) Engine is much more accessable and easy to open on the Century. Kubota Saleman would not even take off side panels
3) Century has splash panels on larger platform to protect from front tire spatter.
4) Kubota has a proven track record and will hold its value for resale, Century is an unknown.
5) My business partner loves Kubota, never heard of Century
6) Kubota is the only CUT I've ever operated, never had a probem.

Given these observations, is the Kubota really worth $4,100 more?

/ Kubota or Century #2  
My neighbor is looking at a L3830 GST and he just told me he was quoted 14300......So that price is high or my nieghbor is!! Will confirm that and get back. I also looked at a Century before buying my L3130HST. I really like the HST option. The tractor is so smooth and quiet. Feels like a Cady! When I drove the century (forget the model number) But it felt like a "Tractor" if that makes any sense. I felt like I had to really work when driving it. Just not a joy to operate. Who makes the engine in the century? And what would you use the 1000RPM rear pto for? If you have any hills to mow look at the HST models. It is great ti back up a steep hill nice and slow .......get to the top and stop and then just press the pedal to go down.....No braking to hold on the hill while you change gears. After my neighbor used my L3130HST tonight he is rethinking and goig to look more closely at HST models himself.
Later

/ Kubota or Century #3  
I don't know why that on a smaller tractor, you'd have a 1000 rpm pto. 1000rpm pto's are common on large row crop type tractors as are 24 spline output shafts. The industry standard is 6 spline / 540 rpm pto.

We have implements that are set up for 1000 rpm, including mowers, but a CUT dosen't have enough power to even turn them over.

I believe that when companies like Kubota, John Deere, New Holland and Case sell as many compacts as they do, competors like Century, Kioti, etc., are going to try to get a piece of the action too. I'm not saying anything bad about them, actually I have no opinion of them at all.

/ Kubota or Century #4  
If you could compare both tractors working side by side you would see the difference,for the same horepower the Kubotas are faster,have more power,dont the new 30 series have lift up front hoods instead of side panels.

/ Kubota or Century #5  
<font color="blue">Kubota parts are in Ft. Worth and Century is in Houston. 3 hours or 4 hours from me. </font>
What about the dealers for each brand? Is one better than the other? Based on the stats and the price difference, the Century looks better, but service after the sale and the ability to get parts would be a concern to me, particularly since it sounds like the tractor will be used in a business.

/ Kubota or Century #6  
Tractorman:

Sure do. The hood hinges up and the side panels have 1/2 turn fastners to remove them.

/ Kubota or Century #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If you could compare both tractors working side by side you would see the difference,for the same horepower the Kubotas are faster,have more power )</font>

Your kidding , Right ??

/ Kubota or Century #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ( If you could compare both tractors working side by side you would see the difference,for the same horepower the Kubotas are faster,have more power )

Your kidding , Right ?? )</font>

Kubotas are faster, but only to sue -- especially if you have the wrong shade of orange paint. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SnowRidge

/ Kubota or Century #9  
I like the picture of you in your signature. I was wondering though, how do you reach the pedals on your tractor, let alone steer it? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Kubota or Century #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I like the picture of you in your signature. I was wondering though, how do you reach the pedals on your tractor, let alone steer it? )</font>

I don't. I just ride on the dog's back and make him operate the tractor--I'm not declawed you know.

SnowRidge /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif