Quick Attach Loader/Bucket Question

/ Quick Attach Loader/Bucket Question #1  

Amos22

When looking at the options on new L3200 and L3800s, I see the Quick Attach option listed for $610. extra.

Question: Does that option include the Quick-Change Loader AND the bucket?

(I've seem some tractors with the quick-attach loader, but have the standard buckets (None quick-detachable)

I didn't see a separate option for the bucket alone.

/ Quick Attach Loader/Bucket Question #2  
When looking at the options on new L3200 and L3800s, I see the Quick Attach option listed for $610. extra.

Question: Does that option include the Quick-Change Loader AND the bucket?

(I've seem some tractors with the quick-attach loader, but have the standard buckets (None quick-detachable)

I didn't see a separate option for the bucket alone.

There is always some confusion on this. All of the Kubota L3200 and L3800 tractors have "quick attach loaders" In other words it does not matter if the bucket is SSQA or pin on the loader comes on and off quickly and easily. Now if you want Skid Steer Quick Attach (SSQA) on the bucket you must pay extra for that option (highly recommended in my opinion). This give you the method to easily attach a set of pallet forks, a grapple, a larger or smaller bucket, or anything else you can buy or build that is SSQA compatible. If you get the pin on bucket, you cannot do this very easily. Although there are pin on attachments, they are a PITA, to take on and off. Now some of the smaller B series Kubotas have a proprietary Quick Attach bucket. That is more in keeping with their reduced lifting specifications. They seem to work well. But when you get to the L series I think you would profit from getting the SSQA to start with. I did not, and retrofited my L3400hst with SSQA. I bought the adapter, and a new bucket, and then retrofitted my old bucket which I still use on my new Kioti as it came with SSQA standard. It does not hurt to have two different sized of buckets to use.:) For a laugh, if you have the time you may look at this thread I started about converting my old pin on bucket to SSQA.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/208653-so-you-think-converting-pin.html

James K0UA

/ Quick Attach Loader/Bucket Question #3  
k0ua: you may be just the adviser I need here. I just agreed to buy a Kubota L35; it does not have a quick-attach of any kind on the front bucket. I understand ( or I think I understand) that a typical aftermarket QA kit will lengthen the lift arm and thus reduce the lifiting capacity. Do you have any info or opinion on what would be a reqasonable price to pay the Kubota dealer to change the front attachment to either Kubota QA or SSQA? Or is there a reasonably-designed and reasonably-priced SSQA kit out there somewhare which will fit this tractor? I will be needing to mount a grapple sooner rather than later, as there will be a lot of small logs and big brushpiles to move.
Thanks for any info you can provide.

/ Quick Attach Loader/Bucket Question #4  
I paid $400 for the QA adaptor to go on the lift arms of my L3400hst with La463 loader. BUT, your L35 is likely to be more as it would be a heavier duty I would think. But then you will need a bucket.. you can convert the one you have, (see my thread) or buy one. Sure it will reduce the lift capacity just a little bit. because it is sticking out there just a bit more. I think ATI makes generic SSQA adaptors.
others do too. Good Luck
ATI Corporation - Tach-All(tm) Quick Attach

James K0UA

/ Quick Attach Loader/Bucket Question
Thanks, James!

I didn't see the SSQA option on the Kubota "build site", or I overlooked it (will check again).

I guess if it's not on there - that option is something you have the dealer to install separate from taking him a "build Sheet."

Which brings me to my next question: How much does the SSQA option cost?

Anybody know?

/ Quick Attach Loader/Bucket Question #6  
Thanks, James!

I didn't see the SSQA option on the Kubota "build site", or I overlooked it (will check again).

I guess if it's not on there - that option is something you have the dealer to install separate from taking him a "build Sheet."

Which brings me to my next question: How much does the SSQA option cost?

Anybody know?

Well I am a little confused as the L35 is not on the Kubota build site, there is an L39. Perhaps the L35 is an older model?

/ Quick Attach Loader/Bucket Question #7  
k0ua: you may be just the adviser I need here. I just agreed to buy a Kubota L35; it does not have a quick-attach of any kind on the front bucket. I understand ( or I think I understand) that a typical aftermarket QA kit will lengthen the lift arm and thus reduce the lifiting capacity. Do you have any info or opinion on what would be a reqasonable price to pay the Kubota dealer to change the front attachment to either Kubota QA or SSQA? Or is there a reasonably-designed and reasonably-priced SSQA kit out there somewhare which will fit this tractor? I will be needing to mount a grapple sooner rather than later, as there will be a lot of small logs and big brushpiles to move.
Thanks for any info you can provide.
Any Q/A on a loader will lengthen the lift arm. Your L35 should have plenty of lift capacity to overcome any losses. The only proprietary one that seriously minimizes this is the John Deere version. If you want a really versatile SSQA take a look at Thor Attachments, You may have to find some brackets to weld on but it is worth a consideration.

Last edited:
   / Quick Attach Loader/Bucket Question #9  
Update: dealer says all they will sell me is a 2-lever SSQA for about $450, which will of course not use the existing bucket without welding on the appropriate QA plate, or replacing the bucket at about for the L35 $700 bucks. Salesman to call back to see what he can do re a package to include 3d-function hydraulics on FEL, SSQA, and --preferably used--bucket and grapple.

/ Quick Attach Loader/Bucket Question #10  
Update: dealer says all they will sell me is a 2-lever SSQA for about $450, which will of course not use the existing bucket without welding on the appropriate QA plate, or replacing the bucket at about for the L35 $700 bucks. Salesman to call back to see what he can do re a package to include 3d-function hydraulics on FEL, SSQA, and --preferably used--bucket and grapple.

Well that sounds about right.. I paid $400 for the SSQA and $600 for the new bucket for the L3400. So I would think a bit more for the L35 would be right. Of course you can always buy the QA plate for about $125. and with some work you could save $575. If you don't own a welder, you can buy a nice one for that and have money left over for rod and a little steel, and still make money. (do as I say, not as I did:)) I converted my bucket later, and would do it again, should be easier now!:eek:

James K0UA

James K0UA