The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!!

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #91  
I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT NUMBER OF PURCHASESM I WAS TALKING ABOUT NUMBER ON HAND OR OWNED. IT WOULD/WILL STILL ONLY BE 4!!:Di

Rec'd another $500 certificate from Kubota so it's for sale.

Oh my...so defensive! I can almost imagine the early days..........a dark alley, guy in a trenchcoat- " :cool:pssst...hey JohnThomas- ever try a driving a v-8? All your friends will think your cool..."

I knew eventually you would become a pusher to support your habit. Next thing you know, you'll be a full fledged dealer.....testing all the new stuff.....sporting all the cool Kubota clothes and fancy accessories. Does kubota make sunglasses?....(sorry- self serving question). Everyone will want to be like you (truth told, I sort of already am-).

Well, in the grand scheme of things, at least your addiction is to high quality product and not anything say.........green:D

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!!
:laughing::cool2:
Oh my...so defensive! I can almost imagine the early days..........a dark alley, guy in a trenchcoat- " :cool:pssst...hey JohnThomas- ever try a driving a v-8? All your friends will think your cool..."
How did you know this??:confused: Did someone tell you??? I did start with a 1935 Dodge 4 Dr Sedan that burned more oil than gas and then bought that V8 348 cu in 1958 Impala 3sp in the floor.:cool2: I didn't have any friends though so no to friends thinking I was cool.:laughing:
I knew eventually you would become a pusher to support your habit. Next thing you know, you'll be a full fledged dealer.....testing all the new stuff.....sporting all the cool Kubota clothes and fancy accessories. Does kubota make sunglasses?....(sorry- self serving question). Everyone will want to be like you (truth told, I sort of already am-).

Well, in the grand scheme of things, at least your addiction is to high quality product and not anything say.........green:D

All addictions are not bad.:D Wait a minute......what's this all about.....I'm just buying machines to make my life easier just like all the rest of you guys on this forum. OK, maybe I can't make up my mind on which ONE I want/need to do my jobs that keep changing. OK, maybe I do step forward with a willingness to try something different a bit quicker than maybe some others.:laughing:

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #93  
Wait a minute. The TBN is about people who like buying, owning and using tractors, especially compact ones. I consider John Thomas as sort of the poster boy for what we should aspire to be. He is right in that money has no value other than what it could be traded for and merely represents stored labor. I see no addiction here other than a man enjoying his golden years. Probably the only "crack" is when he bends over to check the tires.

John seems very careful what he buys and sells for and I would bet his net cost of ownership is pretty low and gives a satisfying hobby for relatively low bucks. And when he's done doing what he's doing with it, the asset is still in the barn. Contrast that to a tropic vacation in tourist season that so many seem to desire. When that consumer expense is over, in a few days and at great cost, all that's left are the photos. On the other hand the Kubota is out in the barn and ready for enjoyment 24/7.

When we close our eyes for the last time and life flashes before us, who among us will wish we saved more or worked harder to be $2 ahead of the next guy and who will smile at the fleeting flash as that Orange II Kubota flies by?

No, I admire John Thomas and may upgrade my wallet photo to a full 8X10 glossy for over the mantle.

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #94  
Wait a minute. The TBN is about people who like buying, owning and using tractors, especially compact ones. I consider John Thomas as sort of the poster boy for what we should aspire to be. He is right in that money has no value other than what it could be traded for and merely represents stored labor. I see no addiction here other than a man enjoying his golden years. Probably the only "crack" is when he bends over to check the tires.

John seems very careful what he buys and sells for and I would bet his net cost of ownership is pretty low and gives a satisfying hobby for relatively low bucks. And when he's done doing what he's doing with it, the asset is still in the barn. Contrast that to a tropic vacation in tourist season that so many seem to desire. When that consumer expense is over, in a few days and at great cost, all that's left are the photos. On the other hand the Kubota is out in the barn and ready for enjoyment 24/7.

When we close our eyes for the last time and life flashes before us, who among us will wish we saved more or worked harder to be $2 ahead of the next guy and who will smile at the fleeting flash as that Orange II Kubota flies by?

No, I admire John Thomas and may upgrade my wallet photo to a full 8X10 glossy for over the mantle.

Great post and great outlook on life. I get too attached to my trucks and tractors to emulate John, but it sure works well for him.:thumbsup::)

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #95  
JOHNTHOMAS said:
Actually, the deal is that money is only worth what I can buy with it and it has no value for me otherwise.

Ha, people rib me for my, um, JOHNTHOMAS like frequency of tractor/vehicle purchases... Your words explain it quite well!

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #96  
I for one see Kubotas(or tractors in general) as therapy so JT is actually staying with his craft and maybe taking it to a new level. Who here can say they have an actual JT series Kubota. Very rare only 12 made to date(though I suspect there will be a few more). Mine is a JT BX1500 low hours JY only used it on the week ends. :D:D:D

I for one see Kubotas(or tractors in general) as therapy so JT is actually staying with his craft and maybe taking it to a new level. Who here can say they have an actual JT series Kubota. Very rare only 12 made to date(though I suspect there will be a few more). Mine is a JT BX1500 low hours JY only used it on the week ends. :D:D:D

I actually only used it on the third weekend ( I don't mow until I can see for sure that some grass has been cut, no weekly mowing fo me) of each month starting in April and ending in Sep or Oct each year for 3 years and kept it inside when it wasn't being used. I think my used machines beat the school teacher vehicle that was only driven on Sundays to Church story.:laughing:
There have been 13 made but I've still got 4 of them so there are only 9 in circulation counting yours and one more to be available soon or available now for $12000.:)

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #98  
I actually only used it on the third weekend ( I don't mow until I can see for sure that some grass has been cut, no weekly mowing fo me) of each month starting in April and ending in Sep or Oct each year for 3 years and kept it inside when it wasn't being used. I think my used machines beat the school teacher vehicle that was only driven on Sundays to Church story.:laughing:
There have been 13 made but I've still got 4 of them so there are only 9 in circulation counting yours and one more to be available soon or available now for $12000.:)
Very tempting John.

Here are some pics to choose from. My first ride (2 wheels) and my first 4 wheels ride. The picture on the wall is my most current photo taken a couple of weeks ago.

john0001.JPGDSCF1436 (2).jpgCARS FIRST.jpgIMPORTED 2-23-12 8968.jpgIMPORTED 2-23-12 048.jpgIMPORTED 2-23-12 8947.jpg

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #100  
Here are some pics to choose from. My first ride (2 wheels) and my first 4 wheels ride. The picture on the wall is my most current photo taken a couple of weeks ago.

View attachment 283273View attachment 283274View attachment 283275View attachment 283276View attachment 283277View attachment 283278

Memories...how long they linger...Time moves on by doesn't it John....beautiful grand kids are the reward....happy tractoring...and I still say Barlows should have your picture on their walls....everywhere...