The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!!

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #51  
NH and Case are the same machines just different color paint. Can't say if the Massey is different.:)

Ours was a 1998, so I don't think that they were the same back then. I know some Case and NH are now the same, but thought there was a difference in some of the models; may be wrong though.

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #52  
Wish I had all that cash he spent on sales taxes.

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #53  
Wish I had all that cash he spent on sales taxes.
By trading in, he avoids most of the sales taxes. Sales tax is levied on the price of the tractor minus the trade-in value. So, if the tractor cost $20k and he had $12k in trade-in value, he 'only' has to pay sales tax on $8k rather than the full $20k

Aaron Z

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #54  
By trading in, he avoids most of the sales taxes. Sales tax is levied on the price of the tractor minus the trade-in value. So, if the tractor cost $20k and he had $12k in trade-in value, he 'only' has to pay sales tax on $8k rather than the full $20k

Aaron Z

But he did say that he was taking the trade in value as cash to pay down his car payments with 5% interest and financing the whole amount of the tractor at 0% interest...

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #55  

Aaron Z

Every time you trade in you loose something, no getting around that. More trades, More loss.And yes he did take the cash.

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #56  
Every time you trade in you loose something, no getting around that. More trades, More loss.And yes he did take the cash.

Well, my buddy and his wife took a $5,000 cruise last year. So they had fun for a few days and the $$ are gone. Adios.
The tractor money, however, is still sitting out in the shed providing continual enjoyment, doing tasks around the homestead and giving a sense of marital bliss and satisfaction. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!!
Actually I did not pay one cent of sales tax. I actually traded in more dollars of tractor than I spent to purchase dollars of tractors. It doesn't matter how I did my financing to determine I traded 2 tractors valued at we'll say $21000 for one tractor valued we'll say for $20200. Cash, finance, hogs, trucks, service would be methods of payment and not a difference in the trade value.
Oh by the way. When I got to Barlows to do the paperwork there was another $500 off that a customer had found Kubota was offering and the Company hadn't informed Barlows yet plus the $300 that the reg rep had already told them about.
Have the 2 Kubotas I bought and traded back in or sold back to Barlows cost me any thing for owning one for 30 months and doing thousands of dollars of work and another one I'd owned about a year and a half and done a few hundred dollars worth of work and deducted 50% of their cost against rental income? Yes, they have cost me a few dollars but no where near as much as most people think with the Barlow discount and "Special" price from Kubota I get plus the trade in price Barlows gives me back for the clean, low hours trade ins.
What I pay is nowhere near what the Build your own price shows. Figure it your self when I can sell a F2680e 60" deck for $12000 and get another at what will amount to a small monthly cost plus it's a 100% business machine and with the deduction I may even be making money which won't be recaptured since I'll be trading it to Barlows for another one for 100% business use.
I am a salesmans delight as long as they give me fair prices at the sale and at the trade. Car/truck salesman know they have one or two shots to earn my return to them business. I don't return for business after two bad trade/purchase offers for a few years. Do I ever return? Yes but much time has to pass. I expect a business to make a profit just not all for the day on me. I don't haggle or rarely offer less than the figure they give me. If they are way high I just say thanks and leave. If the do it again I just say thanks and that's 2 and leave or start leaving which usually brings another offer from the seller. If not then I'm gone for a few years.
Have never left Barlows without trading when a price was given for the purchase tractor and the trade tractor. We've never swapped prices on the F models which is why I'm offering them for sale. I did get a used purchase range on a gas Kubota mower one time but it wasn't an actual offer and I sold it privately. The gas mowers are price droppers but I have found that not so with the smaller tractors.

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #58  
I have found it best to not even try to justify my tractor purchases in dollar terms; no way I will come out ahead, but in enjoyment, therapy, satisfaction, I am way ahead of the game.

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #59  
Why on earth does it have to pencil out.:confused: Does a dinner out pencil out, not really but we all do it. Trading tractors just plain makes some of us happy and as long as the spouse does not go hungry or have to walk barefoot to the store then I say leave the pencil at home.:cloud9:

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #60  
I've never driven a NH, but the Massey, Case and Kubota have been very stable.

I don't know how he had the wheels set on it either.