Buying Advice Wait for the BXxx70?

/ Wait for the BXxx70? #21  
Profile pic with no information on Kubota Company site along with the new B50 and some other new model numbers.

/ Wait for the BXxx70? #22  
sharp new dash with tach
folding rops
brake on the left
new work light options
high end seat now on all but BX1870
quick coupler for loader bucket (implements maybe slow to come)
nominal price increase.
available very shortly.

:licking:

/ Wait for the BXxx70? #23  
Info on BX1870, BX2370, BX2670 (from a dealers site)
Deluxe High Back Suspension Seat
Foldable ROPS
New Steering Wheel
New Dash
Brake Pedal moved to Left Side (single pedal)
Continued use of metal hood & fenders - not plastic!
Series Hydraulic Circuits - allow use of all loader/backhoe functions at the same time.
Cushioned Hydraulics
Mechanical Thumb for Backhoe
BX has 6" of ground clearance for mowing deck
BX has center gauge wheel on deck and deck can pivot
Cruise control makes mowing larger areas great.
Another great new option is the optional quick coupler! Changing from the bucket to the pallet forks or front blade has never been easier.

/ Wait for the BXxx70? #27  
Many folding ROPS in the "up position" are taller than a fixed ROPS. I know that was the case when I was deciding on my B7500. The fixed version rolls under a standard garage door opening, the folding one had to be folded down to fit in.

Hey all,

I have what may be a dumb question, but here goes: I thought that a foldable ropes was already an option, onthe BXxx series and BX (TLB's), prior to the new 70 series? Is that not correct?

Also, could anyone tell me the height of the ROPS, in the FOLDED position, on a BXxx or a BX TLB (assuming they fold)?

Lastly, could anyone tell me the height of the ROPS, for these tractors, when they do NOT fold?

I only ask because I hope to use the tractor in the basement of our barn, the ceiling of which is quite low. As we're in town now, and able to visit the property and take measurements, any advice/answers to these questions will be MUCH appreciated! :)

Sincerely,

My Hoe

/ Wait for the BXxx70? #28  
My Hoe said:
Hey all,

I have what may be a dumb question, but here goes: I thought that a foldable ropes was already an option, onthe BXxx series and BX (TLB's), prior to the new 70 series? Is that not correct?

Also, could anyone tell me the height of the ROPS, in the FOLDED position, on a BXxx or a BX TLB (assuming they fold)?

Lastly, could anyone tell me the height of the ROPS, for these tractors, when they do NOT fold?

I only ask because I hope to use the tractor in the basement of our barn, the ceiling of which is quite low. As we're in town now, and able to visit the property and take measurements, any advice/answers to these questions will be MUCH appreciated! :)

Sincerely,

My Hoe

The BX 22, 23, 24, and 25 tractor loader backhoe come with the foldable rops. Models without the backhoe come with a fixed rops. Apparently the new 70 series will make this an option for non backhoe tractors. I don't know how high the rops is folded down but it's low enough that you couldn't operate the tractor from the seat if that's all you had for head room.

/ Wait for the BXxx70? #29  
from the BX25 series brochure...
ROPS height BX1860 is 69.4"
ROPS height BX2360/BX2660 is 70.4"
ROPS height BX25 is 85.4" up... (65" folded)
I'm 6ft3 and my seated height is the same as standing beside the tractor... around 75"

Pete

/ Wait for the BXxx70? #30  
One downfall to the folding ROPS on a small tractor is if you use it in the folded position (which I do not recommend) it sticks far back behind the tractor. I have heard of people running them into trees.