Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    B3000 HSDCC

Default Re: Unintended consequenses

Quote Originally Posted by Teikas Dad View Post
    OK, educate me on the alternator upgrade. Why upgrade, or what would it do for me?
    You want the upgraded alternator for additional electrical accessories like halogen or HID work lights. However, there are a lot of LED work light options available now for much more reasonable prices than just a few years ago, so you could go that route to get the additional lighting with the standard dynamo.
    Last edited by bandit67; 11-16-2012 at 10:05 PM.
    2012 Kubota B3000, block heater, filled rears, rear wheel spacers, fender extensions, LA403 w/60" bucket, BH77 w/12" bucket & mechanical thumb, Kubota pin-type QA, Kubota forks, Caroni TM1600 flail, Buhler Allied YC6010 3pt blower, Meyer 72" FEL mounted plow, Midwest LR2072 rake

Previous machines:

2008 Kubota B3030 (Open Station), LA403, BH75, 4 - 55w halogen front & rear ROPS mounted worklights with L39 dash switches
    2004 Case NH DX24E Subcompact

Kubotas from Barlow's

Tractor
    Kubota B3200

Quote Originally Posted by bandit67 View Post
    You want the updated alternator for additional electrical accessories like halogen or HID work lights. However, there are a lot of LED work light options available now for much more reasonable prices than just a few years ago, so you could go that route to get the additional lighting with the standard dynamo.
    OK, that makes sense, thanks Bandit. If I do add additional lighting I would go with LEDs anyway. There are a couple of posts on the forum about LEDs and a pretty good deal posted by Towmart (thread - http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...ghts-your.html ) that looks like a winner.

I'm not planning on radios, electric heaters or anything else on the tractor other than a couple LED lights for added light.

Home/Catlettsburg Farm/Robinson Creek, Ky
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200TLB BX25(sold) b2620TLB(sold)

kubota uses dynamo/generators on their tractors. They will keep your battery charged and oem lights operating. But if you need more lighting for working after dark, then the alternator upgrade is helpful.

2012 B3200TLB Woods RB72 Rear Blade Woods RFM60 Finish Mower Woods BrushBull BB48 Rotary Cutter

Home/Catlettsburg Farm/Robinson Creek, Ky
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200TLB BX25(sold) b2620TLB(sold)

Well, I made another call to the parts department at the dealer, and whatda ya know, they have one on order. There is an upgraded "OIL GAUGE" (kubota terminology) available. Parts guy said that the upgrade OIL GUAGE came up around the new alternator. He gave me the part number, but I failed to write it down.

2012 B3200TLB Woods RB72 Rear Blade Woods RFM60 Finish Mower Woods BrushBull BB48 Rotary Cutter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12