Buying Advice Unintended consequenses

/ Unintended consequenses #11  
OK, educate me on the alternator upgrade. Why upgrade, or what would it do for me?

You want the upgraded alternator for additional electrical accessories like halogen or HID work lights. However, there are a lot of LED work light options available now for much more reasonable prices than just a few years ago, so you could go that route to get the additional lighting with the standard dynamo.

Last edited:
   / Unintended consequenses #12  
You want the updated alternator for additional electrical accessories like halogen or HID work lights. However, there are a lot of LED work light options available now for much more reasonable prices than just a few years ago, so you could go that route to get the additional lighting with the standard dynamo.

OK, that makes sense, thanks Bandit. If I do add additional lighting I would go with LEDs anyway. There are a couple of posts on the forum about LEDs and a pretty good deal posted by Towmart (thread - http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/232466-led-xenon-work-lights-your.html ) that looks like a winner.

I'm not planning on radios, electric heaters or anything else on the tractor other than a couple LED lights for added light.

/ Unintended consequenses
kubota uses dynamo/generators on their tractors. They will keep your battery charged and oem lights operating. But if you need more lighting for working after dark, then the alternator upgrade is helpful.

/ Unintended consequenses
:cool2:Well, I made another call to the parts department at the dealer, and whatda ya know, they have one on order. There is an upgraded "OIL GAUGE" (Kubota terminology) available. Parts guy said that the upgrade OIL GUAGE came up around the new alternator. He gave me the part number, but I failed to write it down. :thumbsup: