Buying Advice Unintended consequenses

/ Unintended consequenses #1  

beckmurph

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610 TLB
On a B3200: If you should decide you want to upgrade the dynamo to an alternator, then that will create a little problem.
I recieved the new B3200 week before last and as I was looking over it for the first time I was checking the oil in the engine. Looked and looked and could not find the dipstick. Finally found it right beside the new upgraded alternator. That was good. But then I tried to remove the dipstick. :eek: I could not get my hand on the dipstick. It is beside the alternator and below the muffler. I finally got the dipstick out from the opposite side of the tractor, but then, I could not get it back in. I had to take the side panel off to put it back :laughing: . That alternator takes up a lot of space.
2012-08-30_16-08-15_238.jpg2012-08-30_16-08-00_382.jpg2012-08-30_13-36-49_376.jpg

/ Unintended consequenses #2  
On a B3200: If you should decide you want to upgrade the dynamo to an alternator, then that will create a little problem.
I recieved the new B3200 week before last and as I was looking over it for the first time I was checking the oil in the engine. Looked and looked and could not find the dipstick. Finally found it right beside the new upgraded alternator. That was good. But then I tried to remove the dipstick. :eek: I could not get my hand on the dipstick. It is beside the alternator and below the muffler. I finally got the dipstick out from the opposite side of the tractor, but then, I could not get it back in. I had to take the side panel off to put it back :laughing: . That alternator takes up a lot of space.
View attachment 279569View attachment 279568View attachment 279567
You think you've always got to be "messing" with stuff.:) Now you've checked it, leave it alone until you do an oil change service when you'll probably remove those panels anyway. You know these Kubotas don't burn oil, it'll be OK till change time.:laughing: :thumbsup:
Good looking tractor and is that picture going to be titled "Woman on the Rocks with Kubota"? If that's you, get off your butt and start working. Good looking property to.:thumbsup:

/ Unintended consequenses
No JOHNTHOMAS that is not me. That is my lovely bride of 42 years. And thank you for the complements. By the way, that rock she is sitting on was picked up by the b3200 and put in place at idle. That rock is the same one that is in the bucket of my ex b2620 in my avatar. And it could only get it off the ground enough to move it. :cool2:

/ Unintended consequenses #4  
No JOHNTHOMAS that is not me. That is my lovely bride of 42 years. And thank you for the complements. By the way, that rock she is sitting on was picked up by the b3200 and put in place at idle. That rock is the same one that is in the bucket of my ex b2620 in my avatar. And it could only get it off the ground enough to move it. :cool2:

:)
I'm noticing my new B2620 seems to have more power in the hydraulics than the weight of the body of the tractor can handle. I've used the BH a couple of times and the body keeps wanting to slide around as the bucket digs. Didn't have a BH on my B3200 but it was carrying more weight and seemed more able to deal with the power..
42 years???? I guess she's decided to keep you and not throw you back if she's kept you that long. :laughing: :thumbsup:

I found that with the b2620 I had to raise the front off the ground
with the fei. That made things more stable
Yea, she is stuck with me:)

/ Unintended consequenses #6  
I have a B3200 that I personally upgraded (alternator) after I purchased the tractor. Since I had the "stock" dipstick, I made a few slight bends in it so it would fit in the available space beside the alternator. This has allowed me to access the dipstick without removing the side panels (I know Kubotas are easy on oil but I am a bit rententive - perhaps lazy, about wanting easy access when checking fluids). One question I have for you is did the dealer upgrade your tractor on site or did you order it that way? If the dealer upgraded it for you, chances are he has the stock dipstick and may just give it to you or if you ordered the tractor upgraded, they may have some laying around from other upgrades that you may be able to acquire. In short I suggest talking to your dealer about getting one - makes life easier and they are easy to replace.

Congrats on the new tractor.

Mike

Mike
The dealer changed it in their shop before they delivere
d it. It looks to me like they might have made some bends in the di pstick
On my 3200, the dipstick would need to be lengthend about 8" before I could reach it.

/ Unintended consequenses #8  
I think there is an upgraded dipstick that you can order to go with the upgraded alternator. It has been conjectured that the new, longer dipstick is supposed to be part of the upgraded alternator kit, but it doesn't always end up on machines with the new alternator. My B3030 did seem to have a slightly longer dipstick, but I still had to pull the side panel off every time I wanted to check the oil.

The new B3000 has a much longer dipstick that I can check by just opening the hood.

I had checked with the dealer, and they said that was all there was. I will check with them again and see if the B3000 dipstick would fit. They use the same engine, I believe. :dance1:

Last edited:
   / Unintended consequenses #10  
OK, educate me on the alternator upgrade. Why upgrade, or what would it do for me?