ABUSED

/ ABUSED #1  

JonSpinosa

Silver Member
I have found a Kubota front mount mower for sale at a very good price with only 600 hours. However, after talking to the salesman and the former owner who traded it, I have found that the dealer had it in its rental fleet for about one year. At the time it was in the rental fleet, it was rented out to someone who really abused it. As far as I can tell, it must of gotten overheated which caused engine failure. The salesman told me that the machine had to have a valve job and head re-ground.

Would you guys be afraid to buy a piece of equipment like this? Could there be further engine damage? It seems to run good at this point. Is it worth taking a chance? I did talk to the former owner and said it was a good machine. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

/ ABUSED #2  
Jon,
If the machine was work that hard also repairs were needed,I would stay clear for other repairs maybe needed soon...don't want to read that your getting nickle and dime to death. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

If you should purchase the machine try for somekind of warranty and dicker on the price, and just remember that money just as good in your pocket than theres!!

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ ABUSED #3  
I don't usually venture into Kubotaland, but here's my opinion on your questions. Yes, yes, and no. I've had a couple of different engines that were overheated to the point of engine failure, and none gave good service after. Just my 2 cents, but I would keep looking.

Ernie
"I deem it necessary for Texas to be ready to meat an army of eight or ten thousand strong in May next." Eli Mercer (in a letter to Henry Smith Dec,1835)

/ ABUSED #4  
I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10' pole. I would always be woundering and waiting for the other major repair shoe to drop. If it has been beat on there is no telling what else is at the brink of failing.