Just picked up a new B2620

/ Just picked up a new B2620 #1  

dablack

Tractor
Kubota B2620
Here is my old thread where I was looking into a tractor for my 30 acres.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/232780-bx2660-small-farm-use.html

So the Kubota guy just called and said all the paperwork went through and I should have my tractor Friday. I'm picking up a B2620 with FEL. For attachments I got a 9" LP auger, Wallenstein BX42 Wood Chipper, and LP 5' brush hog. I'm very pleased. With about 15 of the 30 acres being lightly wooded, the chipper is going to be handy. I also had them throw in the Kubota service manual.

I will have pictures when I have it delivered.

thanks
Austin

/ Just picked up a new B2620 #2  
Exciting days for sure! I hope you are able to get some sleep between now and Friday. Congrats!

/ Just picked up a new B2620 #3  
Mine (B2620) was bought in July, and I'm still happy with it. For my use it is both big enough and small enough. And with a trade in it was affordable. The dealer preped it well out of the shipping crate. Check all the fluids, tire pressure, and nuts/bolts just in case something wasn't right. I'm a four year Kubota owner and still review the owner's manual to find things that I either missed or forgot. Cheers Mike

/ Just picked up a new B2620 #4  
Cool!

/ Just picked up a new B2620
Thanks guys. I'm really excited. This is my first tractor. We picked up this 30 acres last Nov and I have been mowing about 3 acres of it with an old run down riding mower that my dad gave me because he hadn't used it in years. Needless to say, the rider is now in really rough shape. I will finally be able to take care of the land the way it should be. I plan to fill in all the low spots and maybe knock down some of the small high spots, seed it with some grass and keep it up really nice. maybe in a couple of years, I will get a zero turn to keep the grass. We also have some really overgrown wooded areas that need lots of help. I'm going to leave the big stuff but chip up the small. It will make it really nice in a couple of years. prop2.jpg

/ Just picked up a new B2620 #6  
   / Just picked up a new B2620
Congratulations on the purchase of a Orange B2620!:thumbsup: From some of the work you've described I'll recommend your next purchase should be a RatchetRake. Clears brush, briars and finish preps ground for planting grass seed.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/165767-miss-my-ratchetrake.html

What is the difference between a harley rake and ratchet rake? I was planning on renting a harley rake when it comes time to smooth out the bumps and planting grass seed.

I figure once I use it and get the grass growing well, I won't have to use it much again.

/ Just picked up a new B2620 #9  
What is the difference between a harley rake and ratchet rake? I was planning on renting a harley rake when it comes time to smooth out the bumps and planting grass seed.

I figure once I use it and get the grass growing well, I won't have to use it much again.
No comparison to a Harley Rake which is best for grass seed prep Tractor Harley Rakes, Power Box Rakes, 3 Point Hitch, PTO but the RatchetRake is not to expensive and can be yours forever to use on many different jobs like the cleaning out over grown areas. You've got a lot of land to do lots of work on for many years.

/ Just picked up a new B2620 #10  
Sounds like a nice tractor and nice implements to go with it.