Out with the old BX in with the new

/ Out with the old BX in with the new #1  

rbarker

Veteran Member
Tractor
BX 25
Well the local Kubota dealer showed up at my house this morning and took away my old trusted BX 2200 and left a shiny new BX 25 in it's place. Any thoughts of buyers remorse and nostalgia were quickly swept away by a couple hours of seat time in the new tractor. More power, much smoother hydraulics, more comfortable operator station and taking the loader and backhoe off were ridiculously easy compared to the old tractor. Left me wondering why the heck I didn't do this sooner!

image-1814921084.jpg

Old tractor

image-4250568718.jpg

New tractor

/ Out with the old BX in with the new #2  
Nice new toy I mean tool :). Don't forget to update your signature line with the new BX info.

/ Out with the old BX in with the new #3  
Nice looking rig. Congrats.......

/ Out with the old BX in with the new #4  
I see you have cabs on both, are they factory or after market? They appear to be different. In any event I am sure you will enjoy the enhanced capabilities of your new tractor.

/ Out with the old BX in with the new #5  
Congratulations on the new BX25! :thumbsup:

/ Out with the old BX in with the new #6  
Congradulations. Now all you got to do is get it dirty.

/ Out with the old BX in with the new #7  
Congrats, looks great.

/ Out with the old BX in with the new #8  
Congratulations! BX25, my all time favorite BX!:thumbsup:

That's the attitude!! Left me wondering why the heck I didn't do this sooner!

/ Out with the old BX in with the new #9  
Very nice! I love the cab. I will be wishing for one when I am snowblowing this winter I suspect.

/ Out with the old BX in with the new
magicheater said:
I see you have cabs on both, are they factory or after market? They appear to be different. In any event I am sure you will enjoy the enhanced capabilities of your new tractor.

They are both made by Curtis Industries Www.curtisindustries.net but obviously the new one has been subject to 10 years of design improvements. Much more open feeling, glass panels instead of vinyl behind the doors and in the front below the windshield, 5000 additional btu on the heater, etc. this model is made specifically for the BX25 so the roof is hinged and pops up in the back for more headroom when operating the backhoe. Unfortunately the price took a steep jump along with the technology.