L4240 HSTC Extended warranty worth it?

/ L4240 HSTC Extended warranty worth it? #1  

DirtMerchant

Tractor
2012 L4240C
I am getting closer to pulling the trigger on a new L4240 HSTC with FEL & BH, if I get the extended warranty on everything 1yr on FEL & BH, 2yr on tractor, is it worth the extra $3000?

/ L4240 HSTC Extended warranty worth it? #2  
My oldest Kubota was made in 2003 for a total owned 5, still own four and have never had a warranty issue, so I just don't buy them.

/ L4240 HSTC Extended warranty worth it? #3  
No. save your money. Most extended warranties are ways the dealership to make money and are bad for the consumer.

/ L4240 HSTC Extended warranty worth it? #4  
Nope.

/ L4240 HSTC Extended warranty worth it?
Thanks guys, that will be $3k I can save for another implement !

/ L4240 HSTC Extended warranty worth it? #6  
Are you talking about the KTAC insurance?

If so, I would say it is worth it. If you are going to take the Kubota 0% financing option they are going to want to see insurance on the tractor. Michigan insurance providers only cover up to $15K for a tractor under home owner's insurance. This would require you to take an insurance policy on your tractor. Allstate quoted me a number that was beyond reasonable, the KTAC policy was very low and besides the insurance it covers all of the "elephant step on it" issues.

From what I have read here over the years, each insurance provider offers very different coverage based on the state, Michigan is not one of the chosen states.

/ L4240 HSTC Extended warranty worth it?
No I was talking about the extended warrantee for defects / breakage of the tractor, I do intend on getting the KTAC insurance for damage, theft etc, I already checked my homeowners and you are correct $15k of coverage and basically not worth it.

/ L4240 HSTC Extended warranty worth it? #8  
No I was talking about the extended warrantee for defects / breakage of the tractor, I do intend on getting the KTAC insurance for damage, theft etc, I already checked my homeowners and you are correct $15k of coverage and basically not worth it.

KTAC should cover all of that unless something has changed since my last machine purchase.

/ L4240 HSTC Extended warranty worth it? #9  
KTAC is a MUCH better investment than the extended warrenty. The odds of the operator breaking the tractor, are much (MUCH) higher than the tractor breaking itself.