Buying Advice Is there a NEW BX series coming for 2013 model year?

/ Is there a NEW BX series coming for 2013 model year? #1  

AxleHub

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey scut 2015 GC1715
Greetings,

I heard some rumors that Kubota was going to be introducing a new BX sub-compact tractor series this upcoming model year.

While the rumors I heard entailed some engine changes to comply with new regs., it also sounded like the faster hitching and attaching focus was definitely in the concept also (to compete or beat J.D.'s recent advertising efforts).

So does anyone have any info if these rumors are accurate?

Why am I asking now - because I would assume that if true - introduction would be either late Fall of this year or very very early Spring coming. In addition - the timing would be excellent for Kubota - as I heard some very interesting things about the Cub-Cadet/Yanamar sub-compact tractor agreement changes. A couple of prior long term full Kubota dealers were forced to switch to Cub Cadet in recent years - and now only have Cub Cadet lawnmowers to sell and not any Cub Cadet sub compacts.

But a new series of updated Kubota BX product very soon would be very timely to keep and increase market share in that sector against J.d. and Yanamar :)

/ Is there a NEW BX series coming for 2013 model year? #2  
Neil Messick mentioned a November release, so yes there will be a new BX line but no firm details yet.

/ Is there a NEW BX series coming for 2013 model year?
I would assume if there is to be a new BX series coming out soon with improvements . . . . that just before or about the same time as the announcement - there would be some heavier discounting of current BX series product to clear existing BX inventory.

The rumors I heard sounded like there were a number of improvements/changes that would move an already excellent product to the category of superior product compared to the competition. Kubota wouldn't change the series if it were only for engine/exhaust conformity.

I'm assuming that quick attach/detach capabilities will be a real focus - because that is J.D's biggest nationally advertised product advantage right now (as well as thickness of "floor mats" and pedal arrangement :) :) )

Anyone who can share what some of the improvements will be is welcome to let us know what some of them are :) And/or to confirm a new BX series is coming out and when :)

I'd also heard that some larger distributor/dealer/s had influenced Kubota to force some smaller dealers out of their franchises - so the larger dealers could enjoy more territory and volume buying. I was surprised about this - but a former dealer (1 of 5 who got dropped not far from us) told me that is what happened to him not long ago. At that point yet - it still sounded a bit hard to believe of Kubota until I read last week about the new Kubota factory to be built in the U.S.

Maybe the more aggressive push by Kubota in the U.S. (new factory to be built in U.S. that was just announced) and some new product introductions or new series in existing products (like the BX series) all confirms the ramp up - but its sad for some smaller dealers who got pushed out after 10 to 20 years of Kubota activity.

Back to the one question - anybody have input on what they've heard about the BX new series as far as improvements/changes or differences? Fuel consumption? Engine sizes? Dimensions or wheelbase changes? Optional attachment capabilities? Ride on MMM attachment capability or FEL & back hoe attachment?

Catch U later

Last edited:
   / Is there a NEW BX series coming for 2013 model year? #4  
Looks like your not keeping up with the thread. Here is the thread with some of your answers from page 2.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/256648-wait-bxxx70.html
The NEW factory is actually old news and is an expansion of the already big factory in Gainesville, Ga that's become hugh and more factory would usually mean wanting more sales which would usually mean more dealers, not less.

/ Is there a NEW BX series coming for 2013 model year?
Greetings,

You wrote "The NEW factory is actually old news and is an expansion of the already big factory in Gainesville, Ga that's become hugh and more factory would usually mean wanting more sales which would usually mean more dealers, not less."

Well its strange because just this last week the building of a new factory for Kubota was on newswires in the financial areas. Its a new factory to be newly constructed - size 500,000 feet. I found the announcement hidden on the Kubota website dated 11-28-2011 - so why would it be coming out announcing it now.

Plant will be building compact tractors (I don't know if that means sub compacts too) - for 22,000 units per year. Existing plants are in Gainesville GA and the new one will be in Jefferson GA.

But you're correct - I had posted about new BX series products coming out in 2012 (I posted on the topic back in very late 2011) - and when it didn't come out - I thought my sources were in error . . . . so now it turns out 2012 will still see the new product series I posted about almost a year ago - just not the beginning of the year as I expected - but near the end of the year. . . . . now that seems coincidental too as the factory announcement at Kubota was done in late 2011 yet the bigger announcement was just in the last week or so :)

And you're also correct - I've been away from this site for quite a number of months. A bunch of interesting information I found out right around Labor Day in talkingto current dealers and several former dealers opened my eyes to a number of issues both good and bad about management decisions.

You wrote: "become hugh and more factory would usually mean wanting more sales which would usually mean more dealers, not less."
That's what I would think too. I don't know if its a regional thing or a national thing - but . . . . some smaller city long standing loyal dealerships were told a year or so ago (another coincidence I suppose - just like the other two coincidences LOL) that they were done - just done - no parts - no product - no transition. "Tough luck" no matter how much they had invested. Why? Not because they weren't selling . . . . but because some bigger operations wanted to have bunches of territory and bunches of locations - and Kubota said OK we'll make it available for you no matter who we have to drop.

Now Yanmar has done the same thing to Cub Cadet dealers - suddenly yanking the sub-compact products, sending trucks to the dealerships to just pick up all inventory, and delivering it at "selected" Yanmar dealers who are selling the products on EBay and other methods to get rid of the Cub Cadet name. And now I recently heard J.D. is dropping alot of its Kawasaki in favor of Yanmar and ultimately Kohler.

Its tough being a small town loyal brand dealer anymore is some markets apparently :)

And I'm guessing the lawn mower/garden tractor, commercial landscape, sub compact, and compact tractor market is going to become alot more confused and hard on smaller dealers as all the imports battle each other on our turf. (pun fully intended)

P.S. My understanding is that the new manufacturing plant is coming to the U.S. to take advantage of currency exchange issues - to take advantage of "incentives" - and because of the state of much of the parts providers in Japan etc. since the massive problems from the nuclear plant melt down.

/ Is there a NEW BX series coming for 2013 model year? #6  
The paper I saw that spurned the aforementioned thread said 11/22 for the release date. Seeing as though that's Thanksgiving makes me question my memory but it was certainly 20 something. Not sure why I am the only one to have seen this notice since I'm completely new to all this and still to this day only ever talked to one dealer who showed it to me. In fact it makes me want to go back out to the dealer and see if I can get him to show it to me again just to be sure of what I saw.

/ Is there a NEW BX series coming for 2013 model year? #8  
I'd also heard that some larger distributor/dealer/s had influenced Kubota to force some smaller dealers out of their franchises - so the larger dealers could enjoy more territory and volume buying. I was surprised about this - but a former dealer (1 of 5 who got dropped not far from us) told me that is what happened to him not long ago. At that point yet - it still sounded a bit hard to believe of Kubota until I read last week about the new Kubota factory to be built in the U.S.

There is no volume discounting with Kubota, and the pressure for consolidation is not nearly what it is with Deere\CNH. Kubota's core customer is a bit different. When stores are pulled, its almost always for poor sales performance. If your turning good numbers, there is no reason to rock the boat.

I don't know all the details on whats coming in the new BX's, but my impressions are that its nothing earth shattering. If I where in the market I'd be picking up a current 60-series because the programs are off the charts good right now, the best we've had in several years.

/ Is there a NEW BX series coming for 2013 model year? #9  
P.S. My understanding is that the new manufacturing plant is coming to the U.S. to take advantage of currency exchange issues - to take advantage of "incentives" - and because of the state of much of the parts providers in Japan etc. since the massive problems from the nuclear plant melt down.

I've never had any impression that the Nnclear plant had any impact on Kubota. You are right, that Kubota's diversification of production outside Japan is because of the exchange rate. There is also factory in Tiawian now that builds the L4600 and some tractors for Asian markets.

. . . . but because some bigger operations wanted to have bunches of territory and bunches of locations - and Kubota said OK we'll make it available for you no matter who we have to drop.
its illegal to just pull a dealership and give it to someone else, there are all kinds of state dealership laws to prevent that. You pretty much need to have a record of several quaters of sales issues before they'll start asking you whats going on. I suspect there is more to this story that you where not told.