Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Default Re: L4240 HSTC Price check

Quote Originally Posted by DirtMerchant View Post
    Yes the wait is difficult, two weeks is much better than what I have heard from others, the toughest part is not running out and spending a pile of money on implements and a trailer....I have been eyeballing a 10k GVW trailer for a week, probably will end up purchasing it this week, my boss has a 6ft finish mower that I'll probably buy this week too, another guy is trying to sell me a 3pt wood splitter that I am finding hard to resist and I have been shopping for a 6ft box scraper for days, also been looking at thumb attachments....its kind of hard to contain myself at this point...
    You probably want wore than a 10k trailer. A L4240, cab, fluid in tires is close to 7,000#. You could easily be overweight with a implement. I think the back hoes is over 1000# so you would be 8000#.

Tractor
    Kubota L5240 HSTC, (Kubota L3130 HST - sold)

Agree with Bullit. 10k would be fine except for you have the backhoe. You need at least 12k or 14k
    -Dave

"Being a pessimist is great. You can't lose. Either you end up being right...or you are pleasantly surprised."

L5240HST, QA, 824 Loader, 48" Forks, 48" Grapple, rear blade, box blade, landscape rake, Ancient Farmi Skidding winch
    Trailer - 10k/16' twin axle w/elec brakes
    2005 F250 5.4V8(3V) 3.73/4wd tow vehicle

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by dstig1 View Post
    Agree with Bullit. 10k would be fine except for you have the backhoe. You need at least 12k or 14k
    I think he got a tractor. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...questions.html

Tractor
    Kubota L3540 Cab

Yes the wait is difficult, two weeks is much better than what I have heard from others, the toughest part is not running out and spending a pile of money on implements and a trailer....I have been eyeballing a 10k GVW trailer for a week, probably will end up purchasing it this week, my boss has a 6ft finish mower that I'll probably buy this week too, another guy is trying to sell me a 3pt wood splitter that I am finding hard to resist and I have been shopping for a 6ft box scraper for days, also been looking at thumb attachments....its kind of hard to contain myself at this point...
    I weighed my L3540 Cab with loader, BH and loaded tires and it came in at 8100 lbs. I ended up with a Cam Superline 20' tilt 12k GVW to haul it. Since I set the rears wide I ended up with a 7' box grader so it would cover the rear track. I'm still in the market for a 6' rotary cutter.

Tractor
    2012 L4240C

yes, I have been looking at 12k+ trailers, on occasion I will be pulling it 175 miles up north and back, as well as 70 miles to the farm and back, it just makes sense to have an over rated trailer. Starting to wonder about the reese hitch on my truck, truck is a Cummins Dodge 3/4 ton extended cab with heavy springs, it will pull just about anything but I wonder if the reese hitch can handle a 14k trailer...

I did order the 3rd function for the loader and am mounting a thumb on the loader for brush and such, figured I would fab a mechanical thumb for the BH, and can fab a hydro thumb for it if necessary, at all 3 of my properties the ground is pretty much nothing but sand, with no large rocks, didn't figure I would need the BH thumb except for the occasional stump which I should be able to scoot out with the BH and then grab with the loader thumb to haul it away.

Tractor
    Kubota L3540 Cab

Funny you mentioned the hitch. I'm wondering the same thing about mine. The only difference is that I don't intend to haul it as far as you.

Tractor

You need to look at the tag on your hitch and see what it says. You also need to see what your GCWR of your truck is, do not exceed it. Be sure you ball and ball mount are rated for the load.

If you don't mind the extra money I would look into a gooseneck. They tow nice and put the tongue weight on top of the rear axle.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Tractor
    Kubota M7040, Bobcat CT235, Kubota BX23 TLB & RTV 900

Don't forget that you have to deduct the weight of the trailer from the gross trailer weight to know your load capacity. A typical 14K's dry weight is about 3000# leaving an 11K load capacity.
    F350 6.4 Dually, PJ 14K 20', PJ 3.5K

Tractor
    2012 L4240C

Quote Originally Posted by gumshu View Post
    Don't forget that you have to deduct the weight of the trailer from the gross trailer weight to know your load capacity. A typical 14K's dry weight is about 3000# leaving an 11K load capacity.
    yes, I have been researching, and cannot find a tag on my hitch, but it looks to be a 10k max hitch...and I need to pull a 14k load....looking like a gooseneck is in order...I did find a 2.5 inch reese rated to 16k...but the height of my truck (4x4) is quite high which would require a drop hitch which reduces pulling cap quite a bit...the safer answer seems to be gooseneck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast