Price Check Anyone price an L45 lately?

/ Anyone price an L45 lately? #1  

Onederdog

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L45
My local dealer has a new (2011) with quick change front bucket, bolt on cutting edge, 12" backhoe bucket and work lights and there asking 44,900.
The salesman is suppose to get back to me on what kind of discount (I'll pay cash) they might do, but I haven't heard yet. Sounds a bit steep to me. Anyone price one out lately?

/ Anyone price an L45 lately? #2  
That tractor on the build my Kubota is $47,914. I thought most dealers do at least did 10% off which would be $43122. I think the larger the tractor you get the more off of MSRP you get. I think they should do at least 12% off and if you look around you may find one for 15% or better. I think it should be around 40k. Maybe I am wrong and the don't give much off on construction equipment. If you pay cash be sure you get the $2000 rebate.
Finance Customer Rebates It is the seventh from the bottom.

/ Anyone price an L45 lately?
Thanks for the reply, is that rebate offer good for year old equipment? I had downloaded and printed out the page from Kubota's website but it doesn't say anything about the year model.

/ Anyone price an L45 lately? #4  
Thanks for the reply, is that rebate offer good for year old equipment? I had downloaded and printed out the page from Kubota's website but it doesn't say anything about the year model.

I don't see anything about the year of the tractor. You might want to tell the dealer the tractor is 2 years old, the 13's will be out soon, it might be a bargaining tool.

/ Anyone price an L45 lately? #5  
The machine may not have the optional work lights - the L45 comes with two roof mounted headlights front and two at the rear. There are optional worklights you can purchase in pairs for the front and rear which would give you a total of eight lights. If there are only four lights, make sure the dealer is not charging you for them. The SSQA coupler on the front of the L45 is standard on that machine - not an option.

I purchased my L45 in April and it too was a couple of years old and I paid CDN$49,000 configured as follows:

L45
4-in-1 Bucket with cutting edge
Auxiliary front hydraulics
Backhoe hydraulic thumb
Backhoe quick attach
Backhoe 12", 24" and 36" ditching bucket with cutting edge
Toolbox
Air intake pre-cleaner
Rubber pads for the backhoe stabilizers
Horn
Two optional sets of worklights
Three sets of L45 QA hoe ears
On/off switch for the backup alarm

This was the third machine I bought from this dealer and he had taken it off the hands of another dealer that had been unable to sell it so I did get a pretty good deal I think. At the last minute I decided to add the Laurin cab to the L45 so I did not install the optional work light kits.

The L45 is a great machine so I hope you are successful in acquiring one.

Regards,

Lauren

/ Anyone price an L45 lately? #6  
I forgot to mention that the day after I picked up my L45 my dealer was holding a spring open house which I attended. There was a Kubota rep there telling folks that there was a $500 rebate on certain machines. I enquired and discovered that Kubota in Canada has a "Get It Gone" cash incentive program for machines that are not moving. I enquired about the machine I had just purchased and he actually gave me the rebate! I did not get it in cash because the deal was done but Kubota gave my dealer a credit which was put on my account and I used it against service work I had done.

You might want to enquire as to whether this machine qualifies for a "Get It Gone" rebate.

Lauren

/ Anyone price an L45 lately? #7  
L45
4-in-1 Bucket with cutting edge
Auxiliary front hydraulics
Backhoe hydraulic thumb
Backhoe quick attach
Backhoe 12", 24" and 36" ditching bucket with cutting edge
Toolbox
Air intake pre-cleaner
Rubber pads for the backhoe stabilizers
Horn
Two optional sets of worklights
Three sets of L45 QA hoe ears
On/off switch for tEhe backup alarm

Lauren

Very nice machine!

/ Anyone price an L45 lately?
Thanks for the replies... I stopped by the dealership tonight after work to have a closer look. Turns out it doesn't have the extra lights, just the factory ones on the canopy.
Sooo.... going by the Build my Tractor, with the QA front bucket with bolt on edge, and it turns out it also has a 24" QA backhoe bucket, it prices out at 48,772. But's that's retail for a new 2012. They did offer it to me tonight at 39,900 and the 3-point option at cost. They were also quoting about 1600.00 for setting up the Top & Tilt using a different manufacture which they claim is better is some ways, like it puts the controls up on the right fender instead of down under the seat. I'm really thinking hard about pulling the trigger on this one but I still wonder if it's really any kind of deal given that by next April it will be a two year old machine. It is about 18% less then a new one. Opinions Anyone??? Would you buy it?

/ Anyone price an L45 lately? #9  
Thanks for the replies... I stopped by the dealership tonight after work to have a closer look. Turns out it doesn't have the extra lights, just the factory ones on the canopy.
Sooo.... going by the Build my Tractor, with the QA front bucket with bolt on edge, and it turns out it also has a 24" QA backhoe bucket, it prices out at 48,772. But's that's retail for a new 2012. They did offer it to me tonight at 39,900 and the 3-point option at cost. They were also quoting about 1600.00 for setting up the Top & Tilt using a different manufacture which they claim is better is some ways, like it puts the controls up on the right fender instead of down under the seat. I'm really thinking hard about pulling the trigger on this one but I still wonder if it's really any kind of deal given that by next April it will be a two year old machine. It is about 18% less then a new one. Opinions Anyone??? Would you buy it?

Sounds good to me, I saw used ones on tractorhouse and fastline for 35k. Will you get the rebate? If they put the tnt on the fender will it be with a 2 spool valve?

/ Anyone price an L45 lately? #10  
That pricing seems pretty good to me Onederdog. It sounds like for $1,600 they are proposing Top'n'Tilt plus a different set of remotes rather than the 3 that Kubota offers as an option. The Kubota rear remote kit is CDN$1,250 plus a couple of hours to install. I don't like the location that Kubota installs the valves or the remotes in but if you check my "New L45 has arrived" thread you'll see a few photos of the nice job my dealer mechanic has done on relocating the levers for the remote valves and the quick connects for the remotes too.

Having the back hoe QA already installed is great. I would definitely order the 12" bucket for it and I have done a lot of work this year with the 36" QA ditching (no teeth) bucket both in terms of digging and grading when the work is done. That being said, you can always buy buckets later as you need them. If you can afford it, I would highly recommend the hydraulic back hoe thumb. I hesitated a couple of years over the expense for my B26 and once I had it, I find a use for it almost every day I am using the back hoe. Most L45's I have seen ship from the factory with the foot valve and boom plumbing in place but the but the thumb is money well spent in my opinion.

Happy negotiating!

Lauren