Tractor Sizing Kubota L4600, L3240, L3940

/ Kubota L4600, L3240, L3940
Well, I've gone and done it now!!! I just traded for a 3240, 6 foot rear finishing mower and 6 foot box blade. I will go pick it up tomorrow evening. I am now a proud member of the Kubota Klub!!!!:dance1:

/ Kubota L4600, L3240, L3940 #62  
congrats....

/ Kubota L4600, L3240, L3940 #63  
Congratulations on your new equipment; get your camera ready.:thumbsup:

/ Kubota L4600, L3240, L3940 #65  
Well, I've gone and done it now!!! I just traded for a 3240, 6 foot rear finishing mower and 6 foot box blade. I will go pick it up tomorrow evening. I am now a proud member of the Kubota Klub!!!!:dance1:

You are going to love the machine. .Did you get a loader???

/ Kubota L4600, L3240, L3940 #66  
Skintback said:

You are going to love it. The grand L's are very nice.

/ Kubota L4600, L3240, L3940 #67  
Very good. I received mine Thursday (L4600) and love it as well. Can't get the parking brake to hold though. Gonna call the dealer tomorrow.

Did you get a loader as well?

/ Kubota L4600, L3240, L3940 #68  
Just a thought to interject something as I also have a L4600DT on my list. Since no one has mentioned (or maybe I missed it) if the "jerky" hitch problem could be related to hydrostatic trans., and if there could be a correlation? The reason I ask is that i think the hydraulics are shared with hydrostatic transmissions and maybe the action to the lift on the 3point hitch might be effected by using both together? Just asking, because I am still waffling on whether to purchase a gear driven L-4600. I would also like to know if the L-3800 is made in Japan and if anyone can confirm if the L4600 is indeed made in Thailand?

Thanks,

keeping my older Cub Cadet but am purchasing a more parts/dealership friendly tractor. (soon)
Incidentally Messicks have been my only source for Cadet/MTD parts. It is still a good tractor that has taken plenty of abuse and even dug out some old stumps and terraced my hillside with the bucket...., but the issue with parts is beginning to worry me. (merged with Yanmar and they have their own tractor line and of course their diesel tractor engines are legendary }John Deere) The Cub Cadet has a Mitsubishi engine, but no apparent standard to the other Mitsubishi tractor engines? At least I have not located any cross-reference yet.

/ Kubota L4600, L3240, L3940 #69  
Can't help on the Thailand thing.
My best advice is to try the tractor that you intend to buy with a box blade attached, at the dealer before you close the deal. I operated a L4600 gear trans. I felt that the 3ph was jerky, where my GL 3ph is not. Was it an isolated incident? I don't know. For your on piece of mind, try it yourself. You be the judge. After all it will be your tractor.

Bill

/ Kubota L4600, L3240, L3940 #70  
new to forum....
just bought l4600 with 764 fel, 4wd, shuttle shift.
pros-size, fuel efficient.
cons-jerky 3ph(round bale), weak hydraulics on fel.
5 hrs on this tractor and VERY disappointed. will call dealer tomorrow. wish me luck. I asked him about jerky hydro before I bought...he assured me that it was not a problem on the 4600.....wellll.
has anyone had this jerky 3ph issue resolved?

BTW...my l4600 was "assembled" in thialand.