Buying Advice L5740

/ L5740 #1  

cat 297c

Gold Member
Tractor
Cat 299D XHP, Cat 297c, Rayco C140
I'm looking for a tractor to do it all mow the lawn maintain driveway rake hay disk pastures and food plots. Looking at a L5740 with cab and front end loader an mid mount mower, anyone have one if so how do u like it? Also I have a 8 ft pull behind disk wonder if it would pull it?

/ L5740 #2  
I don't think that you can get the L5740 with a MMM and as far as that 8" disk, if it has small blades maybe, but if you have 22"-24" pans, I doubt that it would pull it when down much deeper than 6"-7". Other than that, it is a fine machine. Very very tough to get a single tractor to do it all, good anyway.

Good luck. ;)

/ L5740 #3  
To do what you ask for the disc it will be too heavy for the lawn...Would also recommend R1 tires

/ L5740 #4  
You can't get a 5740 with a MMM:( It would be a heavy tractor to mow you grass with, around 7000lbs. Kubota says it will pull a 7' disk, sometimes they underrate, it may pull more. How about a L4240 for bigger tasks and a BX2360 for mowing your yard and smaller tasks?

/ L5740
We'll mowing the yard isn't a small task it 3 acres and ac make it much better in 100 degree heat already cut most of it with a challenger mt 285 with finish mower. Just want a cab tractor.

/ L5740 #6  
94BULLITT said:
You can't get a 5740 with a MMM:( It would be a heavy tractor to mow you grass with, around 7000lbs. Kubota says it will pull a 7' disk, sometimes they underrate, it may pull more. How about a L4240 for bigger tasks and a BX2360 for mowing your yard and smaller tasks?

It is strange that the mmm is not listed as available for the 5740 but in the brochure I have has several photos of a 5740 mowing with the mmm.

/ L5740 #7  
It is strange that the mmm is not listed as available for the 5740 but in the brochure I have has several photos of a 5740 mowing with the mmm.

Look at the next page it is not listed as available and it the owners manual says the 3940 is largest for the mmm. Someone said that tractor was not a 5740, it was a smaller one with the wrong numbers on it.

/ L5740 #8  
The same week I bought my L5740 HSTC a local company purchased one for grounds maintenance. I am guessing they pull gang mowers or an RFM. The company owns and builds motels, office buildings and such. We use ours in conjunction with our BX to maintain our farm, really nice tractor.

/ L5740 #9  
Look at the next page it is not listed as available and it the owners manual says the 3940 is largest for the mmm. Someone said that tractor was not a 5740, it was a smaller one with the wrong numbers on it.

Yeah, the tractor in the picture is actually an L3940. Some marketing genius photo-shopped L5740 on the hood. The grill openings and the old brochure is the giveaway. Philip.

/ L5740 #10  
Yeah, the tractor in the picture is actually an L3940. Some marketing genius photo-shopped L5740 on the hood. The grill openings and the old brochure is the giveaway. Philip.

Don't you use a RFM on yours to mow some of your grass?