Buying Advice L3200 package deals..

/ L3200 package deals.. #1  

Dewbee

Tractor
Kubota
Hi. I've been looking on the forms for awhile and finally decided to join. Im in search for my first tractor..tired of borrowg from family. So I've been looking for several months now and I've seen these package deals in every issue of Tractor House. Jonesboro Tractor Sales in Jonesboro, Ar is one of the companies that's advertising this: L3200 4wd with front end loader Ag tires 5' Taylor Pittsburgh cutter 5' box blade (doesn't say the brand..im guessing Taylor) 18' Dales trailer with ramps and 2 chains with booms. They're asking 17,700 cash.

My questions are:
Has anyone dealt with Jonesboro Tractor Sales. If so how would u rate them in customer service?
When I go to buy it will they add on a bunch of charges and fees? I know a lot of times when you call and ask they give you the run around saying nothing will be added just to get you to come by then they add all these fees thinking once they get you in you'll buy because your there. I live about 3 hrs from there and don't want to waste my time if that's all their going to do.
Has anyone ever used Taylor Pittsburgh equipment? If so how would you rate it? I have no personal experience with it. Do you think this would be a good deal?

I started out planning to buy used until I realized just about everything I found was just a few thousand less than new so I think it seems like a better idea to spend a few thousand more and buy new and have a warranty and if i get this package deal its almost like getting the attachments and trailer for free. I called my local Kubota dealer and he quoted me 15,700 for a l3200 4wd front end loader ag tires regular trans. All the used l3200 or similar older models are running anywhere from 13-17..just for the tractor with same options other than most have r4 tires and hydro trans..none of which i really needed. To me it seems like a good deal if all is true..when i asked my local dealer he seemed to get a little nervous and it sounded like he was making a bunch of excuses making the package deal seem bad..but i really feel he was putting the deal down because he wants me to buy from him. So Im wondering if im right or if my local dealer is right by calling it a scam?

Im posting this from my phone, which is hard to do because it won't let me go back to the top n proof read. I think I asked all my questions and gave y'all an idea of what im looking at for y'all to inform me as to if its worth my time to go look at this package deal or do something else. Thanks.

/ L3200 package deals.. #3  
I am assuming you are talking about this tractor.
http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=6378197&dlr=1&pcid=3007732

If they are advertising the tractor for that price I don't see how it could be a scam. The only thing I could see them doing is tacking on a bunch of fees. I have seen people getting quotes on L3200's for around $17k. I would prefer R4 tires over ags but that is just me. A couple of place's they may be cheaping out is the loader does not have a SSQA, which you will eventually want and the trailer probably only has brakes on one axle. The tufline box blade will be a good box blade for the tractor and the rotary cutter should be decent too, I won't be a high end woods or land pride but it should meet your needs and work well with a L3200. I prefer a hydro tractor over a gear, they are more user friendly. Have you operated a hydro tractor before?

/ L3200 package deals..
Yeah that's it. I wouldn't mind r4 tires but don't really need them because I'll mainly be in fields where it doesn't matter if i tear up the ground. And your right it doesn't come with quick attach fel..might see about upgrading that.I've driven hydro before and it is nice and if i was mainly using the tractor for the fel i would probably get that but im trying to stay on the cheaper side of things and im comfortable with a regular trans..mostly what I've operated..and to me i figured a standard trans is cheaper and easier to work on then a hydro.

To me the package seems like a good deal just wondering if anyone else has gone there to buy one and got hit with a bunch of fees when it came time to do paper work.

/ L3200 package deals.. #5  
I think on average a QA is $400-$500. Ag's will give you the most traction and turfs are will give the least. A R4 is a compromise between traction and being turf friendly. The are more puncture resistant too. A hydro is very handy, you don't have to worry about one gear being too slow and the next being too fast, which comes in handy doing anything from mowing, grading, or plowing. You may want to check on make sure the rear tires are filled with a non corrosive fluid. You may want to check and make sure it does not have a jerky 3PH>

/ L3200 package deals.. #6  
Odd that no one will answer your question about doing business with this company. Course that's common here that people often times answer questions that you don't ask.:)
No, I haven't done business with this package company and don't know anyone who has. I've bought 14 from Barlows and pondering stopping by their place today, Kubota sent me two $500 off coupons for a new purchase soooooo I may just sell them if I don't use them. They have a coded number on each one and it states I can use them or let someone else use them.:cool2: May take bids from anyone about to make a Kubota purchase.

/ L3200 package deals.. #7  
Odd that no one will answer your question about doing business with this company. Course that's common here that people often times answer questions that you don't ask.:)
No, I haven't done business with this package company and don't know anyone who has. I've bought 14 from Barlows and pondering stopping by their place today, Kubota sent me two $500 off coupons for a new purchase soooooo I may just sell them if I don't use them. They have a coded number on each one and it states I can use them or let someone else use them.:cool2: May take bids from anyone about to make a Kubota purchase.

I'll give you 2 bucks..For both.:laughing:

/ L3200 package deals..
Kubota sent me two $500 off coupons for a new purchase soooooo I may just sell them if I don't use them. They have a coded number on each one and it states I can use them or let someone else use them.:cool2: May take bids from anyone about to make a Kubota purchase.

3 dollars!
come up with a reasonable price and have them in my hand by this weekend and you could make a little cash

/ L3200 package deals.. #9  
15% off the tractor (which is really good, my dealer will only go 8%) would be about $16,144, figure $800 for the cutter (don't know anything about the brand), and tuffline box (good quality manufacturer) at about $500 and that leaves about $260 for a new two axle trailer (no experience with the brand). It's close to too good to be true. In my neck of the woods, a new, cheap 5000 lb, 2 axle equipment trailer would cost about $2000, 2 HF chains/binders another $100, $1200 for a cutter, and $600 for a box blade. I'd call them and ask them to fax you an 'out the door' invoice. Oh wait, did you want an engine with that tractor? I'm kidding ... maybe.

/ L3200 package deals.. #10  
In my neck of the woods, a new, cheap 5000 lb, 2 axle equipment trailer would cost about $2000

I bought a nice 7000lb rated tandem 14' utility trailer a few years back for $850. They had a 16' for $950 and a 20' for $1100. This was in Huntsville AL, and from what I am told by friends still in the area, prices have not changed much. I don't haul my tractor on it due to the short length, but I bought it for other purposes long before I bought my tractor.

As far as your other calculations, my package deal on the L3700 was close to what others were paying for the tractor alone (cheaper in many cases) and included the mower, boxblade and rake. True that the retail prices on the attachments were not too much different than what you mentioned in your post, but obviously the dealer does not pay anywhere close to that price and I am guessing the profit on the tractor more than makes up the cost involved in using them as sales incentives.