Price Check Need some quick input on used L5740HSTC

/ Need some quick input on used L5740HSTC #1  

3boys865

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240HST
Just came across a used Kubota L5740HSTC model year 2008, 195 hours, cab H/AC, 3rd function valve on loader, 2 rear remotes, Top N Tilt and dealer is including a 1 year warranty. Price is $32,500. That seems like a really good price based on what a new one would price out at, but I haven't been able to find many used ones for sale to compare to.

What do you think, sound like a good deal?

/ Need some quick input on used L5740HSTC #2  
Unless I am missing something, I would jump all over that deal, I sure would have if I had seen it when I was buying new.

You won't find any used units to price it with, my L5030 sold about as soon as I traded it in on my L5740; used GL's just don't last long especially priced like that.

/ Need some quick input on used L5740HSTC
Unless I am missing something, I would jump all over that deal, I sure would have if I had seen it when I was buying new.

You won't find any used units to price it with, my L5030 sold about as soon as I traded it in on my L5740; used GL's just don't last long especially priced like that.

I checked it out and it appears to be in good shape. I have found some other L5740's that were 2010 and 2011 models with low hours and similar configuration (except for the TNT) for around the same price. However, they are not located near me. This one is in my home town. One owner plus the dealer willing to give it a 1 year warranty does help. I was kind of concerned it sounded almost too good....

/ Need some quick input on used L5740HSTC #4  
Good luck on getting it now. :rolleyes: It's probably already gone for that price. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

/ Need some quick input on used L5740HSTC #5  
That's a bargin for sure,the remotes alone are $1500 -$2000.My 2008 has 570 hrs.

/ Need some quick input on used L5740HSTC #6  
3boys865 said:
Just came across a used Kubota L5740HSTC model year 2008, 195 hours, cab H/AC, 3rd function valve on loader, 2 rear remotes, Top N Tilt and dealer is including a 1 year warranty. Price is $32,500. That seems like a really good price based on what a new one would price out at, but I haven't been able to find many used ones for sale to compare to.

What do you think, sound like a good deal?

Try tractorhouse.com for price comparisons

/ Need some quick input on used L5740HSTC #7  
I checked it out and it appears to be in good shape. I have found some other L5740's that were 2010 and 2011 models with low hours and similar configuration (except for the TNT) for around the same price. However, they are not located near me. This one is in my home town. One owner plus the dealer willing to give it a 1 year warranty does help. I was kind of concerned it sounded almost too good....

I am surprised you have found so many good used units, had I found any like that I would never have bought new. I bought my L5030 HSTC used, used it two years and sold it for about what I paid originally. Many people report little depreciation on the later Grand L's, but that is over $12000 off new. It may be the -1 Model, but it's still a good buy in my opinion.

/ Need some quick input on used L5740HSTC #8  
3R im with you, my dealer told me that id never find a used HST tractor.because once they are sold they are kept.

/ Need some quick input on used L5740HSTC
I haven't found a lot of good used units, just 3 so far, but that is nationally. Haven't found any others in my area, they are rare for sure. It is a good price for all the extras it has, no doubt. I did some research and based on the pricing the dealer is giving me on a L4240 and assuming he would give me the same % off MSRP, I can get a new 5740HST -3 (with HST+) for the same price with the same options except for the cab and TNT. I was not really planning to get either of those options, but they are nice to have. So, it really comes down to a almost 5year old tractor with a couple of nice extra features I wasn't planning on vs a new one with the same configuration I was looking for on the 4240. The best thing about getting the new one would be getting the HST+. The cab is really tempting though....

/ Need some quick input on used L5740HSTC #10  
I haven't found a lot of good used units, just 3 so far, but that is nationally. Haven't found any others in my area, they are rare for sure. It is a good price for all the extras it has, no doubt. I did some research and based on the pricing the dealer is giving me on a L4240 and assuming he would give me the same % off MSRP, I can get a new 5740HST -3 (with HST+) for the same price with the same options except for the cab and TNT. I was not really planning to get either of those options, but they are nice to have. So, it really comes down to a almost 5year old tractor with a couple of nice extra features I wasn't planning on vs a new one with the same configuration I was looking for on the 4240. The best thing about getting the new one would be getting the HST+. The cab is really tempting though....

All L40's have HST+; I don't think the -1 has the swivel seat, but not a lot of difference in the -1, -2, -3; can't remember them off hand or the years of manufacture. I can't really say how much I like the cabs on our tractors. Of course there are many who prefer open station.