Input on used 2004 M9000

/ Input on used 2004 M9000 #1  

sae254931

Have an opportunity to purchase a 2004 M9000 4x4 w/ cab and FEL. Here is the story behind this tractor and needing input from some experienced hands as to whether it is a good deal or walk away. It was bought new from the dealer (one owner tractor) who has it now and been regularly serviced by this dealer with records and was primarily used for bush hogging. The kicker is at 600 hrs he blew the engine (never cleaned out the radiator and ran it hot) it was repaired by the dealer, no additional issues continued regular maintenance. Well at 1100 hours blew the engine again same issue never cleaned out the radiator. The dealer and i have spoken and he is putting in a brand new engine, 4 new tires and will warranty for a year he is asking 25,000.00 for this tractor

/ Input on used 2004 M9000 #2  
i would walk away from that deal fast.3 moters in less than 8yrs isnt good.ab yes i know he didnt clean the rad or prolly the air filter.for $25,000 you can get either of the mx5100 hsts or gears 4x4 la844 quicktatch loaders.an you might get them less than that.

/ Input on used 2004 M9000 #3  
Sounds like a tractor I know of in these parts? I am in centeral il and can not tell were your at, but if owner ruined 2 engines I would bet the rest was treated the same.

/ Input on used 2004 M9000
Probably very true on the treatment of the tractor (and location is west tn) if he gone thru two engines with that said I need some recommendations on a 4x4 tractor with can and fel that I could purchase around the same price range in the 75 hp range for working food plots on 40 acres that is capable of pulling a 10-12 ft disk
Thanks for the help in advance

/ Input on used 2004 M9000 #5  
My guess would be that the tractor was run hard (an put away wet as the saying goes). Over a thousand hours of abuse may show up elsewhere as well.

However, Kubotas are tough tractors. If the dealer would throw in an extended three year warranty it would be very appealing for what you want to use it for. Although a one year warranty isn't that bad. It doesn't sound like it will be used commercially and only on occasion - maybe 50 to 100 hours per year.

It will be difficult to find a 75+ HP tractor at that price that is in good shape. A new engine and tires certainly make that tractor a temptation.

/ Input on used 2004 M9000 #6  
i would offer him 20.i would try it for that price.i saw a 2000 hour one with a bh loader sell last summer for 18500.

/ Input on used 2004 M9000 #7  
Is everything else supposed to work properly? Will the dealer cover the whole tractor for a year or just the new engine? Any chance you can take it home for a few days and run it before committing to it 100%?

If the engine wasn't maintained properly I doubt he was a careful operator either. That would bother me. It is puzzling as to why someone who cared enough to have the dealer maintain his tractor didn't have sense enough to clean the radiator. ??

The guy I work for has had two M9000's with cabs, 4x4 and loader. He still has one of them. As far as I know the a/c never worked well in either. I have never seen another tractor of its size use less fuel .

/ Input on used 2004 M9000
He was a very well to do man with a lot of property that his worker mowed and that is the only way I believe I will consider this tractor is if the complete tractor is warrantied for a year I would use this or any tractor I buy less than 150 hrs per year

/ Input on used 2004 M9000 #9  
I would say $25,000 would be top dollar for that tractor and would be concerned enough that the potential for a problem related to abuse would keep me away. This type of red flag has taught me to steer clear in the past.

/ Input on used 2004 M9000 #10  
sae254931 said:
He was a very well to do man with a lot of property that his worker mowed and that is the only way I believe I will consider this tractor is if the complete tractor is warrantied for a year I would use this or any tractor I buy less than 150 hrs per year

That explains a lot. I agree it would take a full top to bottom warranty to even consider it. But I'm leaning toward the walk away camp.

No more hours than you'll be using it yearly you should be able to find plenty of good running older tractors for less money. Have you tried looking on Tractorhouse.com?