Comparison used bx1850 vs new bx2360

/ used bx1850 vs new bx2360 #1  

wielerj

Tractor
kubotabx2360
Hi everyone. I could really use some help. I have two acres of semi-wooded land in Niagara, Ontario, Canada. I just ran my Yardworks mower into the ground and I'm looking for an upgrade. I have a driveway that's about 6000 sq feet and there's a decent sized incline at the bottom of my driveway. I'm looking for a machine to mow 1 1/2 acres, spread gravel, spread mulch, plow driveway etc... My problem is this... I've found a 2008 bx1850 being sold privately for $10000 (it has a loader and a mower on it). The machine has 40 hrs on it and it's pretty much brand new. I've read some uncertain reviews of the '50' series Kubotas - does anybody own one, or have you owned one in the past? My other option is the 2360 which I would buy brand new for $15700 - this machine is a bit bigger, bigger tires, steel body, warranty, cruise, etc... My dealer down the road is offering 0% financing and is willing to waive the administration fees ($1000) as well. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

/ used bx1850 vs new bx2360 #2  
There is a dealer not to far from you that has a bx2660, with a deck and loader. It has somewhere around 50hrs and they are asking 13999. I was close to taking a drive to check it out, but made a deal with my local dealer on a new unit as I didn't need the loader.
Check it out on agdealer.ca if your interested.
I personally think the bx1850 will be underpowered if you have any work to do on hills. Only my opinion though.

/ used bx1850 vs new bx2360 #3  
   / used bx1850 vs new bx2360 #4  
I had a BX2350 and the abrupt stop in reverse was so aggravating to me that I traded it to a BX2660 in just a few months. I had owned earlier BXs and have owned more later BXs soooo I won't buy a 50 series if there is other non 50 series Kubotas available.

/ used bx1850 vs new bx2360 #5  
I owed a BX1850 for a couple of years and discovered that if you worked it very hard the temperature gauge for the engine would always get very close to the "red" zone. I tried putting a heat shield between the muffler and the temp sending unit and this made no difference. I then tried removing the engine shroud & grill which left the fly wheel exposed. This helped some but would still over heat if worked very hard.

Also noticed that running a 4 ft bush hog on level ground at foot high grass for tow hours made the PTO shaft so hot you could not touch it. Yes the cooling fan was complete.

Abrubt stop is from reverse to neutral. Seemed like the hotter the tranny was the quicker the stop.

/ used bx1850 vs new bx2360 #6  
No doubt go for the 2360. I have a BX2200 and BX2660, both good tractors, Kubota just missed the mark with the 50 series in my opinion.

/ used bx1850 vs new bx2360 #7  
There has been some talk on here about a BX 70 sereis that is coming out this fall or early next year. I don't know if it is true.

/ used bx1850 vs new bx2360 #8  
There has been some talk on here about a BX 70 sereis that is coming out this fall or early next year. I don't know if it is true.

iI asked Steve Barlow yesterday if there was going to be a new BX. He said he hadn't rec'd any info about one but that there are going to be SOME new changes but not which models/series.

/ used bx1850 vs new bx2360
Hi everyone. Thanks for the feedback. After a lot of thought I've decided to go with the brand new bx2360. Bought it today! Delivery is next Friday! Can't wait! I got the FEL and a 54" MMM (2acres with gentle slopes and hills). The total was 15000 even (plus tax) with 0% financing. Quick question, is this thing covered by home insurance or should I go with Kubota insurance route (13 extra bucks/month). Thanks all! Finally does anybody know how much a guard costs for the front grill - Forgot to ask for that.

/ used bx1850 vs new bx2360 #10  
Congratulations on your new Kubota, our grill guard came with the loader package on our 2200 and 2660.

We went with a 60" deck over a 54"; had the 54 on our old mower and were surprise how much quicker the 60" mowed our yard; course then we started mowing more yard.:eek:

You will need to check with your agent; ours is covered for theft, fire etc. on our property, but KTAC covers a lot more. We didn't get it, but it's a good program and very comprehensive.