Where to sell and advertise online or locally?

/ Where to sell and advertise online or locally? #1  

EdGebz

Tractor
Kubota B3030 w/ Front Loader & 60inch mid-mount mower
I am looking for recommendations on where to list my tractor for sale. I previously had some luck listing it on eBay as a fixed price listing and got several offers back in late spring which I probably would accept now. Due to some eBay problems i am currently restricted from listing any item over $7,600. I have also kept it listed on craigslist and ebay classifieds. I have not really had much response on either one of those. I have also kept it posted locally on facebook and parked it along a main road for quite a few months. I have had no serious buyers here locally in Fairfield/Lexington VA area. A few low-ball offers of $7500-$9000.

So does anyone have any recommendations on where to list my tractor online?

Kubota B3030 HST 4x4 2005
approx 440 hours
Front-End Loader (kubota)
Mid-Mount mower deck 60inch (kubota)
Was originally asking $14,000 but now willing to take $12,500 for it.

How is my pricing on it?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
   / Where to sell and advertise online or locally? #3  
Had the same issues when I recently tried to sell my 2009 B3030 cabbed model. CL actually became a large pain in the butt. Nobody but scammers, low ballers and tire kickers most of the time. Still getting bombarded by scammers for the 60 inch snow blower I have for sale there. Same thing with a "Buy It Now or Best Offer" sale on ebay. I can't believe the amount of people who will waste your time with a BS offer.
I finally did have someone from a Kubota dealer in a neighboring state contact me via CL. Luckily there was no lien and I owned the machine outright. We made a deal for cash and some other brand new equipment that I needed. A deal didn't happen overnight with CL, but it did finally happen.
At your reduced price, you just might find a Kubota dealer willing to take it off your hands. You'll get yours, and they can still make some money on it.

/ Where to sell and advertise online or locally? #4  
See above posts. This is why I usually trade my machines to Barlows instead of selling them myself. I've sold stuff all of my life but it's usually other peoples stuff or products bought to sell with no major frustrations but when it's personal stuff the idiots are less tolerable.:D

/ Where to sell and advertise online or locally? #5  
As Creekbend pointed out tractor house has several listed from $13-20K but the listing and selling price are not always equal.

Also right here on TBN they have a classified ad section - just post your pictures and price. I would put it on tractorhouse too, and it appears your price @ $14K is in the right range.

Similarly, I didnt have good luck on CL either when I tried selling my B21 this spring - several low ball offers, several interested but were comparing it to a BX25 new for a similar price so i jsut kept my machine.

/ Where to sell and advertise online or locally? #6  
I bought my B2620 off Craigslist from a guy about 100 miles from me. At the time I would have paid you $12500 for your unit if you were that close to me.

I would put it back on cl with the new price.

/ Where to sell and advertise online or locally? #7  
pricing is really good. infact I think you can get more.

Lancaster Farming is a farm paper that has classifieds and lots of distribution. its worth trying.

/ Where to sell and advertise online or locally? #8  
Also right here on TBN they have a classified ad section - just post your pictures and price.

I attempted to do that when I had my tractor for sale, but kept getting directed to a dealer login. Therefore I thought that private individuals couldn't advertise there.

/ Where to sell and advertise online or locally? #9  
I attempted to do that when I had my tractor for sale, but kept getting directed to a dealer login. Therefore I thought that private individuals couldn't advertise there.

I did this back in the spring of 2012 - no issues - maybe the new format is different - I wouldnt think so.. its not that hard and if you cant do that send a PM to the site moderators - they are very responsive.

/ Where to sell and advertise online or locally? #10  
I did this back in the spring of 2012 - no issues - maybe the new format is different - I wouldnt think so.. its not that hard and if you cant do that send a PM to the site moderators - they are very responsive.

Problem solved. Instead of using the Classified link at the top of these pages, which does indeed take me directly to the Dealer Login page, I had to go way to the bottom of the Forums page to the Market Place Forums and Private Party Ads. Now we're all set.

Last edited: