Help - want to switch tires/wheels to a bigger size

/ Help - want to switch tires/wheels to a bigger size #1  

ZAR2USA

Silver Member
Ok, I ordered a new L3200 and ask dealer to switch Agri Tires to Industrial R4. The new R4 wheel and tires looks way to small, matching up to the rear fenders. I verified using the Kubota site that it is in fact correct. Regardless, I don't like the look of small tires in a big fender opening, it looks mismatched. Have anyone done this in the past and placed (lets say for example a set of) L4400 R4 tires on a L3200 to get a more fuller look. If you have specs or pictures please post it.

image-2432850287.jpg

/ Help - want to switch tires/wheels to a bigger size #2  
Ok, I ordered a new L3200 and ask dealer to switch Agri Tires to Industrial R4. The new R4 wheel and tires looks way to small, matching up to the rear fenders. I verified using the Kubota site that it is in fact correct. Regardless, I don't like the look of small tires in a big fender opening, it looks mismatched. Have anyone done this in the past and placed (lets say for example a set of) L4400 R4 tires on a L3200 to get a more fuller look. If you have specs or pictures please post it.

View attachment 285192

Yeah, I see what you mean....but I don't think it looks so bad as it is. Though I agree that it would look more appealing to my eye with a closer fit. Easy way: Just add a rubber skirt like is common on offroad vehicles. Lost of them add a heavy rubber edge to the metal fenders. Looks sharp on any dirt machine. Oriented right, a fender skirt would close up the gap and blend the colors, too.
One advantage you do have with that smaller tire is that it has really lowered the CG. Over time I think you will really appreciate that.
I just posted some turf tire thoughts to another thread on this same forum. Including chains thoughts. I believe it was "Kubota Turf Tires".

As for using L4400 R4 tires, if you really want to investigate swapping them I urge you to do your own calculations. I can help with that as I've done the turf tire swap on several tractors now.

First thing is to compare the wheel size between the two tractors to make sure that works: diameter, width, lug patten, and particularly the offset.

Next you want to compare the "Rolling Circumference" between the front and rear tires. Use only that term, do not use basic diameter or circumference. Basically you want the rolling circumference to stay within roughly five percent of the internal transmission ratio which feeds power to the front and rear axles in 4WD. Just how close to five percent depends on the type of tire and how you use it.
You can get tires specs from the tire manufacturer's literature or you can measure it for yourself. Same for the transmission ratio. Feel free to ask if you have questions.
rScotty

/ Help - want to switch tires/wheels to a bigger size #3  
I wonder if Grand L wheels/ tires would work? You would need to verify that the ratio would be right.

/ Help - want to switch tires/wheels to a bigger size #4  
Mine's the same way. But looking at my L3240's tires, I don't see them fitting the L3200. Either way I would've chosen the R4's over the Ag if I had to do over again.

/ Help - want to switch tires/wheels to a bigger size
What is the difference between L3200 and L3240 models (besides the tires you mentioned)? Pardon my ignorance.

/ Help - want to switch tires/wheels to a bigger size #6  
What is the difference between L3200 and L3240 models (besides the tires you mentioned)? Pardon my ignorance.

Everything is different. The 3240 has HST+ with a lot of nice features like a dual speed hydro which gives you 2 speeds in each range, you can change the responsiveness of the hydro, and it has a stall guard. The hydraulics are stronger. It has tilt wheel, auto throttle advance (you push the hydro pedal and it automatically advances the hydro), telescopic lift arms, and a rubber floor mat.

/ Help - want to switch tires/wheels to a bigger size
I learned a lot tonight. Thank you. Did not even know about all those options and choices. Visit 3 dealerships, none of those luxuries existed on any of the tractors they stocked. Oh well, will have to remember that with the next tractor I'll buy ;-)

/ Help - want to switch tires/wheels to a bigger size #8  
I put 3240 turfs on my 3200 and everything bolted up no problem. The ratio is near identical for both sets. I found the 3200 turfs to have an undersized width for the work we do. Not sure if the r4s will rub but the turfs worked perfect

/ Help - want to switch tires/wheels to a bigger size #9  
I put 3240 turfs on my 3200 and everything bolted up no problem. The ratio is near identical for both sets. I found the 3200 turfs to have an undersized width for the work we do. Not sure if the r4s will rub but the turfs worked perfect
That is cool!

/ Help - want to switch tires/wheels to a bigger size #10  

That thing looks mean. :thumbsup: