Are Kubota BH 3-Point mount or Frame Mount?

/ Are Kubota BH 3-Point mount or Frame Mount? #1  

RickeyL

I have read some places that the 3point bh's are harder to take off and on than the frame mount. I'm still looking at the B7500, B2410 and the 7800 and trying to decide vs the the Kiota CK20. I've read threads about the BX22 BH going on and off pretty easy with practice but it is designed specially for that tractor. Any of you guys have experience with this?
Your comments would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rick

/ Are Kubota BH 3-Point mount or Frame Mount? #2  
Rick,
There was a recent thread that I posted to regarding removing and installing the 3pt BH. Here is the link: BH Removed From B7500 . You might find this helpful.

Greg

/ Are Kubota BH 3-Point mount or Frame Mount? #3  
Rickey, I can give you the follow-up on the thread that Greg referenced. The first time putting it back on took me 2 HOURS and considerable foul language. After I took it off again I was hoping to let it sit for a while. I needed it again last week and this time it only took me a hour. I learned a few nuances which helped. I also had the wise idea to make a couple of dollies to go under the stabilizers to help do some minor alignment after backing the tractor up. The idea came from those car wheel dollies they sell to move cars into odd positions in garages. This helped a little and I think in further attempts may be more helpful. As Greg mentioned in his post this gets faster the more you do it. It is not however a easy task the first few times. The alternative is a frame mounted BH which takes away from the tractor clearance which I dearly need on my property. I am moderately confident I can get to the point where Greg as far as timing goes but there is a learning curve to putting these things on.

/ Are Kubota BH 3-Point mount or Frame Mount? #4  
Strongbow,
Glad to hear you got it back on ok. And I am impressed that you did it twice as fast as your first time. I don't know if I broke the 1 hour mark until about my 4th time. I guess there is no avoiding that learning curve. I guess the key is don't give up, because it does get a lot easier. The Japanese have a word "Gaman", which means "Never Give Up". I guess that's what they were thinking about when they designed the 3pt. BH.

Greg

/ Are Kubota BH 3-Point mount or Frame Mount? #5  
Kubota hoes are both types. The BX hoe is frame mount, as are the B21, L35, and L48 hoes. The 4672 and 4692 are 3PH, but the receiving tractors are equipped with reinforcing framework and brackets. The new BH90 is frame mounted on the L30s.

/ Are Kubota BH 3-Point mount or Frame Mount? #6  
Ricky L

I can take my subframe mounted hoe off or on in 10 to 15 minutes. I read the directions in the manuals and applied them and that seem to help allot. Good luck

/ Are Kubota BH 3-Point mount or Frame Mount? #7  
I know you aren't asking, but my green hoe came off and went on in 5 minutes each the first time. I have gotten better, with practice.

There is an thread about a guy getting crushed by a 3ph hoe in safety. I knew they could wreck a tractor, didn't realize the safety issue to the operator....

/ Are Kubota BH 3-Point mount or Frame Mount? #8  
I can remove and hook up my BX22 backhoe in "4 minutes" flat. Just kidding! It seems like about 10 to 15 minutes getting it back on without ripping the fenders up. It is a little tricky but not bad. I do not have any experience with a 3 point BH. Like any thing else you have to learn the little tricks, then it is easy.

/ Are Kubota BH 3-Point mount or Frame Mount? #9  
I think the on/off times for all the hoes are about the same. The first time it will take much more time than the Nth time. With practice all seem to go on/off is 10-20 minutes.

I wouldn't make a decision based on perceived on/off time. It's a wash at the end of the day.

/ Are Kubota BH 3-Point mount or Frame Mount? #10  
Hi,

I agree with hayden,

I have a 3ph backhoe on my B2910. It doesn't take that long to put it on or take it off, once you get used to doing it.

My guess is that the sub frame mounted backhoe might be easier, just judging from the ease of taking my loader off and putting it on. But in the end it is no big deal. Get the dealer to show you the right way to do it. I went to the dealers and took my loader and back hoe off myself right there before delivery to be sure I could do it. Now it is not an issue.

It has been for some though.

The danger of the 3ph backhoe and getting crushed is not an issue [from what I can see] if the standard safety features are maintained. Ask you dealer to explain what is there to prevent this from happening. He should be able to show you, then be sure to keep what is needed for your protection in place.

The danger is if the backhoe is exerting an upward force, should the top link bracket fail, the whole unit could raise up and crush the operator between the seat and the ROPS.

The unit on my B2910 has a hinged bar that goes across under the lower link arms to prevent much upward movement should the top link/pin fail. Remove this safety device and look out!